Thursday, June 4, 2009

I think my title for today is quite appropriate considering it is so chilly outside! I am a lifeguard during the summer at a nearby apartment pool and boy was it freezing out today! I sat there with sweatpants on and a zip up juicy jacket over my swim suit and I still had to wrap my towel around me! Life guarding is such a great job. Since it is at an apartment pool, I don't have to do much and when no one is in the pool, I can read or sun bathe. Currently I am re-reading the 6th Harry Potter book in preparing for the movie that comes out in July!! Is anyone else as excited as I am? I have all of the books and have read them all several times and own all of the DVDs as well! Here is the trailer to get everyone excited:





Last night, bRc and I were flipping through the channels on TV and we came across TNT. It had the movie "What Women Want" playing and I was so delighted. I completely forgot about how cute the movie is! So of course we watched it. They play one of my favorite Frank Sinatra songs, "I've Got You Under My Skin", and in one of the scenes, Helen Hunt is wearing this lovely pale blue dress with a blue collared coat to match. I didn't remember seeing that before and I would just love to have something such as that set to add to my wardrobe! On the left is a picture of the blue dress but it certainly doesn't do the dress justice; but it is the only picture I could find on Google. I've looked around several places online since last night to find a dress with a matching jacket like the one in the movie, but it seems that no one carries such a beautiful set. However, during my browsing, I was on Talbots and they had perfect dressess for any occasion this summer! I used to work at Talbot's Kids from 2006 until it closed in September of 2008. It was such a great job, and with a 40% discount at Talbots Ladies, it definitely had it's perks! Sadly, it is closed and I am just a seasonal lifeguard! Here is one of my favorite dresses from Talbots website:
I like it in all of the colors except for the lagoon shade, I would probably buy it in either the green hue, the pink hue, or the timeless black. It's a classic dress, and would be great to wear to a wedding, or bridal shower, graduation, luncheon, or dinner.
Wow, I just have so much to discuss today! Sorry for such a long post! Yesterday, I stopped into Bath and Body Works because I had received a card in the mail for the Semi-Annual sale. Uusually I don't shop and Bath and Body Works, I prefer Crabtree and Evelyn for all of my lotions and body washes but I do love B&BW hand soaps, hand sanitizers and aromatherapy products. My new favorite scent is Nectarine mint. I smelled it for the first time yesterday and it is so fresh smelling. I like it so much, I bought 4 foaming hand soaps in the same scent! I also purchased the aromatherapy stress relief body wash. I love the scent, it's so refreshing, and I will use it at school to wake me up and help me to not stress over my classes! I will save my love for Crabtree & Evelyn for another day because I could write a whole post on that!
I hope everyone is having a terrific Thursday and is excited for the weekend!
Yours,
sCe

2 comments:

parkaveprincess said...

I'm so excited for the next The Half Blood Prince! I was so frustrated when they moved it all the way up to July last year. But now it's really coming close. and I love What Women Want! That scene that your talking about is one of my favorites. In her classic light blue dress in that incredible Manhattan town house it's perfect.

Gwen said...

I am so excited for the new Harry Potter to be released. We've already scheduled opening night into our calendar and we will be there at midnight like the rest of the movies. I still haven't let my daughter see the last one so she'll definitely be skipping this one too. Seems a little too dark for her. LOL!! Thanks for sharing the trailer. :) XOXO

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure