Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today was Beautiful outside, It was HOT and sunny, and there was not a cloud in the sky! Therefore, cCm, my mother and I headed for the Country Club for a day in the sun, and boy did I get some sun! I even used sunscreen and I still have a bit of pink on my cheeks!

I have a jam packed weekend coming up! Friday, I will be seeing the first of this season's fireworks! It's like a cookout and the township does a HUGE firework display! Saturday my family is going to a graduation party of one of my best friends since birth! Then Sunday, we have a family golf outing at the CC! Lots to do and to blog about!

Here is a picture of the funfetti cake I baked last night (I did the sprinkles in stripes, but next time, I will sprinkle them all over, I didn't like the stripes! and sorry for the bad pic, I used my phone):
I saw the movie Defiance last night, and I did not care for it. Daniel Craig is in it, and his acting job wasn't bad, but the movie just wasn't for me. A huge history buff would love it, or one that loves period dramas but I found myself getting up to get a drink or do something else at points because I got bored. It's about WWII and a group of Jewish people that are banded together trying to fight back against the Germans. I would say check it out if you like war movies, period pieces, or history movies.

bRc is coming to taste my cake, I hope he likes it! Also, is anyone interested in cosmetics? I've seen a few of you do a post where you show what's in your make-up bag, and I was wondering if anyone would enjoy reading what's in my make-up bag? Just a thought for an interesting post! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Yours,
sCe

P.S. Check out MRM's blog for an A.Tierney Bangle Give away! And tell her that Summer Wind referred you!!!

3 comments:

preppyinnewengland said...

Love the blessing!...
The cake is festive and looks yummy! Enjoyy your weekend and New England MAY get sun tomorrow after almost 20 days of RAIN!

College Belle said...

Cake looks yummy, I'm sure he'll love it!

The Pink Tutu said...

Yummy cake! I would love to see what's in your makeup bag. I've been meaning to do a post on that as well!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure