Monday, July 20, 2009

"There were angels dining at the ritz"

I find my self often having no idea what to title my post. So when all else fails, I use Frank Sinatra lyrics, so those of you who may think I'm a crazy girl for having random titles, well, that's where they are coming from!

Thank you to all who posted on my Vera Bradley post, I have decided I'm not going to get the backpack, as cute as it is, I don't need another bag, and really, I think my Vera time is about over.

I've gotten several e-mails with questions, so I thought I'd answer those for this post!

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I don't really have many things that I would consider a hobbie, but some things that I enjoy include swimming, laying in the sun (getting a nice tan!), shopping, spending time with family and friends, watching movies, drinking coffee, and reading books for pleasure.

Q: What music, other than Frank Sinatra do you listen to?
A: I listen to just about everything but country. I really love coldplay, nora jones, rod stewart, dave matthews, mat kearney, snow patrol, O.A.R, and really, I love all of the crooners such as Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, etc. I like classical music as well (I usually listen to that while studying). I also find rap and pop music fun to listen to, and it's best to work out to!

Q: What is your favorite clothing item and why?
A: Probably all of my jeans, just becuase I've worked so many hours to be able to afford all of the pairs I own (after about 5 pairs, my mom stops the buying and deems it "excessive", but a girl can never have too many pairs of jeans, right?)

Q: Why did you decide to start blogging?
A: One day while perusing google for a monogramming website, I came accross Hopsy's blog and loved reading it. I really didn't even have a clue about blogging. After a while, I started reading her blog daily, and then started reading other's blogs. I didn't start one until my summer started because I wanted to focus on school. I decided that I would love to be able to comment on other blogs and write my own, so that is how Summer Wind was born!

Well that's all, I hope everyone is having a great Monday! Mine was lovely, the weather was nice and warm, and we boated all day!

Yours,
sCe

12 comments:

Sarah said...

I think using lyrics to Sinatra's songs for your titles is a great idea, I always have trouble thinking of post titles too!

And I love the crooners as well, they're classic and timeless! : )

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I love Hopsy's blog & I'm very glad that you were inspired to start your own! Have a great week!!

Her Preppiness said...

Hopsy's blog was an inspiration for so many of us

. said...

Great answers. And I love the idea of using Frank Sinatra lyrics to title your posts!

Beth Dunn said...

I danced to love and marriage at my wedding--love frank! xo

Jules said...

I'm glad you had a nice day and boating sounds like so much fun! Hopsy does have a wonderful blog.

All of your hobbies sound wonderful to me!

Gwen said...

Hopsy has inspired so many and just think...now you get to inspire new bloggers too!!! XOXO

Brunch at Saks said...

I'm with you on the jeans girl! Love, love, love them- can NEVER have enough! :) xoxo

Rachel said...

I'm a big fan of the crooners too. I love love love Billie Holliday. She puts me in this amazing mood! Always! :)

preppyplayer said...

I love your blog, you are an old soul in a young person's body!

Hilary said...

I used to love listening to jazz music when I studied. I couldn't stand to listen to it if I wasn't studying, though! I can't believe I'm going to say this, but man, I miss studying!!

Sierra said...

I enjoyed learning more about you and love the fact that you love Frank Sinatra. :)Aww, boating sounds absolutely perfect right now. Glad you had fun!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure