Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Book Review, and Getting Crafty, and an Award!

I just finished "Something Blue" by Emily Griffin and it was no short of greatness. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book about a woman who hasn't yet found her true self. She starts out as a selfish manhatanite and turns into a selfless londoner. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a fun but also serious '"lighter" read. I loved it and can't wait to read the rest of Emily Griffin's novels.

I also want to share with you a quick little "craft" that I did today. My dad has a few old ties that he gives to me because I love the silky patterns, but I never knew what to do with the old ties. Today it just hit me. Turn them into headbands! All I used for this craft was 1 old tie, 1 spool of thread, 1 needle, and one plastic headband from J.Crew. Here is how it turned out:
It only took me about 20 minutes to make and when in my hair, it looks like I bought it. It will be a great new addition to my fall wardrobe.

Thanks to Park Avenue Princess for the Splash Award! This award is a new one, I have never even heard of it, so I am so glad to be receiving it!


Also, I still have a few spots for my show off your dorm week coming up in September. E-mail me at Summerwind41490@gmail.com to be a part of this fun week and to show off your cute dorm or apartment!
Coming next week, I will show a few outfits that I think are appropriate for going to class!

Yours,
sCe

26 comments:

short southern momma said...

Love the headband idea!!! Congrats on your lovely award and congrats to the lovely ladies you passed it on to!! I am going to have to go buy that book.

Ashley Lauren said...

The headband turned out really cute!

Kerry said...

I loved that book, as well as all of her other books! That's a great idea, one of my friends made me a belt out of an old tie and it's adorable! Congrats! Did I tell you that I wanted a spot in the dorm room showcase? I can't remember!

Sweet Caroline said...

way to read the 2nd book before the first hahahaha but yes, congratulations on the award little lady!

Princess Freckles said...

Cute headband! What a great idea!

thepreppyprincess said...

The headband is awesome Miss Summer Wind, that is simply brilliant! Especially when you think of all those fabulous ties out there, and how easy (it looks anyway) to do!

Good for you!!
tp

Lea Liz said...

Love the headband, you did a great job!!! I may have to try it!!

Kelly said...

i LOVEEEEEE that book along with "Something Borrowed"! so fun to read!

and your headbands turned out so well :)

cute cute!

xoxo sarahbeth said...

I'll do the show off your dorm week if my room in my sorority house is an acceptable substitute? Let me know! ♥

Rachel said...

I love all of Emily Giffin's books! There hasn't been one I didn't like!

And to answer your question from my blog...yes, I did go to your college :) I graduated in '06!

Blackeyed_Susan said...

Thank you for the award and I adore the headband! Very crafty indeed!

Angela Darling said...

Congrats on the award. I love light hearted chick lit (esp. Sophie Kinsella/Madeline Wickham books). As for the headband- that was such a cute idea. Hmmmm... I may have to steal some of my hunny bun's ties and try this. let's hope he doesn't notice they're missing

Lauren Kirven said...

My darling summerwind, I gave you an AWARD!!!!!!!!!! Check my most recent post! Blog love!

*L* said...

I've heard a lot of really good things about her books!

Super cute headband :)

ams said...

LOVE that book series - actually everything EG's written is amazing.

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! Congratulations on your AWARD!
I heard about this book so now that you have mentioned it I must read it!
I luv your headband, hmmm, maybe you should start selling these fab hair accessories !!!

Kerree said...

That headband is too cute

skinnybitching said...

a. loved that book! have you read "something borrowed" yet? same characters, takes place before "something blue"- you'll love it!

b. LOVE the headband... so clever. and CUTE!

c. left a little something for you on my blog :)

Midtown Girl said...

What a great DIY! Fab idea and it looks adorable ;-)

XOXO MG

GraceKelly said...

LOVE the headband! How creative!

The Pink Tutu said...

I love Emily Giffin books! You'll have to read Something Borrowed next. It's what happens before Something Blue and is a great read as well. Your headband turned out so cute! Great idea.

Carol said...

I've heard of that book, I totally want to read it!

AEO said...

Nice work on the headband! It will look great on you this fall at school!

You've had wonderful posts lately and I'm enjoying them so much!!!

OceanDreams said...

What an adorable headband and what a great idea! Thanks for the review on the book, I always see that one and wonder how it is, sounds good!

Megan said...

I just finished reading Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin and I absolutely loved it and would recommend it to you in a heartbeat! Something Blue is on my list of books to read next so I'm glad to hear it was a good one!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Great job on the headband! And what a great use of your dad's old ties! I love it. And I am looking forward to your dorm room showcase, how fun!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure