}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Sunday, August 16, 2009

"That this heart of mine embraces"

Well, my weekend has been absolutely wonderful! Friday night, as you all know, I attended a "camp-out" at my country club. It was so cute. Everyone had huge, amazing tents, filled with cozy down blankets, air mattresses, and even portable DVD players. We started off the night by building the tent (dad definitely took care of that one). After we successfully got the tent all set up, they started the huge bon -fire and it looked so pretty right in the middle of the golf course. They had a buffet of amazing "camp foods" like baked beans, pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, etc. Then after the food came the best part: the s'mores. Oh they were so good, I think it's one of my favorite desserts.
The only thing I can complain about is that some parents literally let their children stay up until 4 am. Some children did not sleep at all. Now I have no place to butt in and give you my parenting tips, because I'm only a college girl, and I have no mommy skills. I didn't appreciate it because tents don't block out any noise so I heard the kids all night long. And personally, I wouldn't want my child disrupting anyone's sleep and I would want my child to definitely get sleep because I wouldn't want to have to deal with a sleep deprived child the next day.
All-in-all, it was a great event, and I can't wait to attend it next year. Especially for the yummy breakfast I had!

Warning: Do not read if you have a tattoo!
Saturday I went to the wave pool. It was sweltering hot here, and I have been begging bRc to go for months now. We have made it a tradition to go once every summer. I love the waves, and think it's such a fun day and makes for a good workout! The only thing about the wave pool was that there were tattoos EVERYWHERE. I think 3/4 of the entire wave pool was tattooed. Now, don't read into this as I am totally against tattoos. As long as it's inoffensive to the masses, I think a small tattoo is not a bad thing at all, and I don't judge. However, I do tend to judge, when someone's body is half covered in tattoos, or when girls have tattoos that half peek out of their bathing suits. It just gives me the wrong impression of people who are perfectly lovely. I think part of the reason I love going to the CC (sorry if this sounds snobby, I don't mean it to be!) is because you can avoid the majority of the half tattooed creepy men, the people smoking cigarettes, and tons of not-so-well behaved children. Of course, bRc and I will continue going to the wave pool every summer to splash in the waves, but next time, I hope there is a little less body ink to stare at.

Today was another scorcher, I hope everyone stayed cool today. It's a rare thing when it reaches 90 degrees here, but it definitely did today. bRc, cCm, pVe and I spent the day at the CC to stay cool. I don't normally go in the pool and stay in for a while, but today, it was so hot that I was in the pool multiple times.
This week is going to be spent running all around town with errands for school and I still have to do some last minute packing. bRc leaves Thursday morning :( so we only have limited time left. Have a great night, and a wonderful Monday!
Yours,
sCe

29 comments:

Mariam said...

Totally agree! If I go to the pool its always the Country Club. I don't think you're being snobby! Good luck getting ready this wee!

Kristin said...

Oh sweetie, I bet you would be shocked by the amount of country club goers that have secret tattoos. I know quite a few, ah ha! Sounds like you had a fab weekend!

Kelsey Smith said...

Just found your blog and love your honesty!!

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

I went to the water park with the children I babysit for and noticed the exact same thing! My favorite was a girl that had REDNECK down the entire side of her rib cage. Classy, huh?! I laughed to myself because she had it in cursive as if that makes it any better, ha! I just don't get tattoos? No thank you, I'll pass on that!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

when i have nightmares it is that I get a tatoo and it won't come off.for some reason they scare me xo

Veuve and Varsity said...

Sounds like an awesome time with the tents (minus the children)!

College Belle said...

Sounds like you had a great time camping! I work at all swimming pool and was super surprised by all of the tattoos too. They were everywhere! Don't you worry I agee with you!

short southern momma said...

I love to camp out!! And I would never let Miss Priss do that!! haha Hope you have a great week!! = )

preppyinnewengland said...

LOL! This is such a funny post!
Well, being a MOM, my children have not stayed up yet till 4:00 AM running around like hooligans! I didn't think any kids could last that long!
As for tatoos! I'm not a fan of any of them. However, I do believe there are many more people than you realize who have them!

Lily G. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. yay for s'mores!

Midtown Girl said...

Glad you had a great time at the camp out!!

Next time take pics of the buffet - love food pics ;-)

XOXO

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! Nooo you're not being Snobby, I solely agree with YOU! I always wonder how a person who has a ton of tattoos looks when he or she becomes OLD!
Disgusting I bet but anyway I'm sooo glad you had FUN camping!
P.S. ( Stay COOL and have a GREAT WEEK !)

Kerree said...

I hate tattoos. I don't find them offensive but I just don't like the look of them. Even the so-called cute ones. It's not very original or creative when every chick you see has one on the small of her back. That being said, I know a lot of people with tatts. But people do tend to generalise (even the ones who pretend they don't) and tattoos do seem to go in the tacky box.
Although I must say that I agree with the message on the tatt in the pic and I kind of needed to hear that today

Sunshinemeg said...

I have a tattoo, but I don't take offense. It is everyone's opinion. I just like that you are so openly honest. I would rather a person be like that then just give you bad looks and not say what they are thinking.

Um the pictures of the smores looked too good to be true. I wish that is what was on the breakfast agenda this morning = )

Have a good week!

Lauren said...

Sounds like a great weekend...with and without the tatoos! ha! :)

Perambulations through Pittsbrugh said...

I think that Kristen may be more right on than we'd all think!

I guess I agree and disagree on this topic. I know many people with tattoos that are visible and although it's not my preference, its part of what makes them who they are. I definitely feel that people should be tasteful though--especially people who want to work in a professional setting. I've considered getting a small and discreet tattoo myself, but I haven't brought myself to do it yet!

Anonymous Prep said...

Your weekend sounds like it was so fun!

Life is good! said...

sounds like a fun weekend was had by all, hopefully the children that stayed up until morning hours kept their parents up also!
http://randommusingsfrommypov.com

Kassie said...

I know what you mean about tattoos! I'm fine if it's smaller and more concealed, but when it is practically sleeves, it's a whole other story!!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Mmm S'mores! That would make the campout all worth while to me!! I agree, tattoo's are not my fav!

wearsinappropriateshoes said...

That camp out sounds like so much fun! I would have not been happy about the kids either. It's not okay in my book to let your kids act wild in a public setting, even if it is a fun event.

Its sweltering here in Tennessee. I'm talking miserably hot.

Annie said...

sounds like you had a great weekend!
i'm now craving a smore thanks to that picture ;)

Carol said...

Your campout sounds like a blast!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

That's not being snobby, just how you feel and I totally understand what you're trying to say.

That camp-out sounds like so much fun! I would love to do that kind of camping (minus all the kids making noise all night)!

Playing Under The Table and Dreaming said...

Syd! I know what you mean about the wave pool tattoos, I went last week and some lady had a huge tattoo of scissors on her back and underneath it said hardcore. like what is that!!! hahaha

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I hate going to public places to lounge because of the, sorry, white trash. They are annoying, that's just the way it is. Sigh. So glad you had a great weekend - the "camp out" sounds awesome!

OceanDreams said...

He he, a lot of tattoos scare me as well, don't feel bad. I actually have a small one on my ankle but that is all I want at this point. Yeah, I think staying up until 4am is a little too early too, thank you very much. Go you for staying up so late!

The Pink Tutu said...

This sounds like such a fun event!!! Mmm those s'mores look good.

Emily said...

I agree about the tattoo thing! I noticed that in the picture of the tattoo with the cards, it isn't even spelt right! Imagine having that on you for life! Classy:S