Friday, October 2, 2009

My weekend!

This past weekend I hit the road with my Big Sister in my sorority and we headed to her house in Maryland! I was so happy to be invited home with her, we always have so much fun together. When we got there on Friday, we headed to National Harbor which is awesome. Her family and I ate at a really neat restaurant called Grace's Mandarin. The food was pretty good. We had edamame for an appetizer, then we had sushi (wasn't the best I have had) and I had chicken lo mein for my main meal which was delicious! Well, while we were sitting there, we noticed a couple sitting down for dinner. I will call my Big's dad, Mr. Big (haha sounds like SATC). Well, Mr. Big's dad noticed that the guy was a player from the Redskins. Of course we got all giggly becuase it was a "celebrity" finally at the end of dinner, we asked to get a picture with him. He was SO incredibly nice, and his wife snapped the picture.The girls with Lavar Arrington

The coolest thing, that I didn't find out until I told my dad that I met him is that he is from Pittsburgh and played college football at Penn State. He played high school football at a neighboring high school, and played at Penn State and then was drafted to the redskins and then played for the giants.
Saturday we went to my Big's little sister's soccer game. It was so cute to see them play! Later that night we went to dinner at a place called the Original Steakhouse which was delicious. I had a steak salad and we got nachos as an appetizer. Everything was so good there!
On Sunday, we watched Ghosts of Girlfriends past with Jennifer Garner and Matthew Mcconaughey. It was a cute movie, but I wouldn't recommend it. We also checked out the Steelers game, and they so sadly lost in the last 30 seconds of the game.

Have a fantastic day!!!
Yours,
sCe

11 comments:

Ashley Lauren said...

Thanks for the heads up on Ghosts of Girlfriends Past- I was trying to decide between that and Duplicity (the Julia Roberts movie) for tonight!

Beth Dunn said...

Sad the lost. WE are Pittsburgh ppl too. Glad you had a good time at the soccer game. I was going to watch that movie--so glad I know now! xoxo

Katie Rudder said...

Ahh the original steakhouse! In South River Colony! I live like a few miles away from where you were! LOVE LOVE LOVE ANNAPOLIS!!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Yay for sorority sisters... seriously, they are the best. I am so glad you are having an awesome year, girl!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

What a fun weekend getaway! I love steak salads and nachos are always such a treat!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Sounds like a very fun little getaway! I hope you have an equally fun weekend this week!
XO

Ambs said...

I've been to that steak house - the one where you can pick your piece of meat right? Did you go to the one in Annapolis/Edgewater?

Ambs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Sounds like so much fun - plus a celebrity sighting! I didn't like Ghosts of Girlfriends Past that much, either. Hope you have a great weekend!

Her Preppiness said...

Sounds fun!!

Sierra said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, so happy for you! I loooove sushi, so I am thrilled that you thought it was the best ever. Also, that steakhouse sounds yummy too, you are making me hungry! Ghosts of Girlfriends Past was okay, I saw it once as well. Hope your week goes well!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure