Thursday, March 18, 2010

Betty Draper for a day

Floral prints, and soft, romantic hues have been popping up all over the place and whenever I see a dress with a romantic feel, I always think of January Jones' character, Betty Draper from Mad Men. Her style and look is something I envy every time I watch Mad Men. She is stunning and reminds me so much of Grace Kelly. In the show she looks put together even when she is doing housework! I wish I looked as good as her when vacuuming! Well, I've found so many cute dresses and other things online that remind me of something Betty Draper would wear. The clothing has a 50s/60s feel to it, and I can't help but swoon over all of the finds! I am happy to share my finds with you all!
Mod Cloth $70Mod Cloth $16Anthropologie dockside bikini $220I found this one on Esty for $32! I think it looks exactly like one of the night dresses that Betty wears in the show!

Do you have anything that you love that reminds you of the clothing on Mad Men? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

10 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

So pretty! I especially love her night gowns. My Target PJ pants just don't compare.

Amanda said...

Great picks! I love January Jones on Mad Men. Fun fact; January Jones is from my hometown Sioux Falls, SD!

Pink Champagne said...

I adore that pink dress - darling and oh-so Betty Draper!

Jillian, Inc said...

Don't tell, but I sorta have a crush on Betty. Don too. Oh my.

Princess Freckles said...

i want to BE Betty when I grow up! And I need that dres to do it!

the pink prep said...

i love mad men! and sometimes fantasize about being betty.... but what a dog of a husband, huh? I would totally live in lilly shifts by day, and by night glam it up...in one of my most favorite possessions -- my mother's (faux) leopard coat and pillbox hat! Fun!
ps -- i love your blog!!! it's so perky & preppy!

thepreppyprincess said...

oh, what a lush, luscious look this is, I love it! Not to mention that talking about Grace Kelley & Betty Draper in the same post makes me swoon... sigh. And to be honest, we have more things that remind us of the era than we care to admit, including some actual vintage pieces!

Great post Miss Summer Wind,
tp

gCe said...

That dress is so lovely! Since I am a brunette I always channel Jackie O!

Annabel Manners said...

I'm obsessed with all things Betty Draper! I'm lucky to have some 50s/60s era jewelry from my grandmother that I can put on whenever I want to channel BD...

Great post!

OceanDreams said...

What beautiful finds and I love Modcloth!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure