Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brand Overloads

You have the Southern Proper dog, the Tucker Blair duck, the Port Southern Pineapple, the Southern Tide fish, the Vineyard Vines whale, the Lilly Pulitzer palm tree, the Ralph Lauren polo player, the Lacoste alligator, the Brooks Brothers sheep, the Burberry equestrian knight... and the list goes on.. They all offer the same item: a polo in a variety of colors, styles and fits. So why do you choose what you choose? I am not one to stick to a certain brand and only buy that one brand. If I like it, then I will buy it. I would have to say that most of my polos are of the Ralph Lauren brand but I also have some Brooks Brothers, Lilly, Lacoste, Vineyard Vines, and Burberry thrown into the mix as well. You can never have too many choices, and it is so fun to see each brands different logo but is there a point where there are just so many choices that it has become a little bit ridiculous? I was just thinking about this as I am transitioning from my winter wardrobe to my spring/summer wardrobe, and every polo I seem to pull out is a different brand. I love each and every one for their own reasons, but sometimes it seems as though it is the same product but the little stitching on the left is changed. What do you think about this, I'd love to know! I hope you are all having a great week so far!
Yours,
sCe

7 comments:

JMW said...

It does seem that a lot of smaller brands are trying to break into the preppy clothes market and it's getting a bit saturated. All I want is a quality product at a decent price and if you're logo is cute, well, that's a bonus!

mFw said...

I completely know what you mean! I tend to wear mainly Lilly polos, but I think that's due to finding them on sale. I have some Lacoste because back in the day those were extremely popular. I wear VV polos when I'm wearing something else from VV so it matches. The southern brands aren't sold at all in STL so I never really see them, but they are really cute! Happy St. Patricks Day! Have a fabulous Wednesday!

gCe said...

I love Polo Ralph Lauren Polos because they seem to last forever and at the outlets you can get them for a steal. I also have some VV polos as well

Preppy 101 said...

You have a really good point here!! I tend to stick with RL, VV, LP. I know how well these will keep their shape, shrink or not, etc. There are so many new brands, too, that sometimes I don't recognize what it is!! xoxo

Anna said...

I've never owned a Ralph Lauren polo. On pictures and further away they look deliciously colorful and gorgeous, but every time I pull one out from the store shelf I'm reminded why I don't have one: there's something in the porous texture of the fabric compared to other brands that just looks... odd. Not appealing. Call me silly. My current polos happen to be by Lacoste, L.L. Bean, Aquascutum, and Tommy Hilfiger.

Anne said...

Not to throw anything more in the mix, but have you seen the Coast line (coastapparel.com) out of SC or Southern Proper out of Georgia? Coast uses a blue crab mark and Southern Proper has a black lab. So cute!

Kate said...

I love the fit of RL polos but I am loving my new VV ones too. I just bought a Lilly polo so we'll see how that goes.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure