Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Luck be a lady tonight..."

Last weekend was my sorority formal and it was absolutely amazing. This year was my first time attending it because last year, I was in the Bahamas and missed out. I wore a long gown and my date wore a tux! We also had a live band playing which added even more of a reason to dance! They played one of my all time favorite dance songs, "September" by Earth Wind & Fire. The food was delicious and the venue was just perfect. We had it at a local country club which made for a very classy evening. I am so happy I got to attend this year, and cannot wait for next year! Here is a picture from the night (it isn't a very good because we are hot from dancing!).This picture is not from my formal but from my senior prom. I didn't get a full length picture of the dress at my formal so I thought I'd show a few from my senior prom because I am in love with this dress!! There is a gorgeous train in the back so I added a bustle so the back could be held up for dancing purposes!
This is the back of the dress with the train let out! The color and fabric are both gorgeous together; it is one of my favorite gowns that I own!
If you are in a sorority have you had your formal yet? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

18 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

You look beautiful in your gown!

KatiePerk said...

So pretty! I miss sorority formals! It was always such a nice change to see everyone all dressed up!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

So pretty! I loved going to sorority formals, it was like prom all over again!

Blissfully Enamored said...

look how fabulous you are!!! i love the dress and i am so glad that you had a blast!!! i miss sorority days so much! enjoy them while you can!

littledaisymay said...

Formals are the best :) You look beautiful!

mFw said...

Sounds like an amazing formal. I'm sure ours won't be half that gorgeous and classy considering some of the girls - oh well! Your dress is gorgeous!

the pink prep said...

so pretty! looks like ya'll had a blast!

Rachel said...

Love that gown and you look gorgeous!

JMW said...

Beautiful gown! I remember the days of fraternity formals - so long ago!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

You look lovely!!! Formals are always such a blast!!

Grayson Saige said...

Gorgeous! Did I ever tell you I recently went to an EW&F concert?! I was definitely one of the only ones under 50 haha!

Preppy 101 said...

You are gorgeous! And you looked great for your formal. My daughter so loved all that pertained to her sorority!! xoxo

Ashley said...

You look beautiful and I am so glad that you had a wonderful time. I sure do miss my sorority formal days...they were always a blast.

H. Royar said...

You are absolutely gorgeous!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

How beautiful!

OceanDreams said...

You look gorgeous, glad you had a nice time!

martha - caknitter said...

You look so beautiful in that gorgeous gown.

Morgan said...

where is your gown from? i'm going to my sorority formal in 1 month (delta gamma) and i thought i'd ask you for some places to look online! i've done the vineyard vines, jmclaughlin and jcrew thing, and i'm looking for something more unique. LOVED your dress!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure