Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Suncare!

As a lifeguard and a former swimmer, I am all about sun protection. When I was in early high school I never liked to use sunscreen, but as I got older and a bit wiser, I have realized that it is an absolute must to always wear sunscreen when outside! Here are a few things I keep in my pool tote so I'm sure to always have them!

La Roche-Posay is a french sunscreen and it not only protects you from the UVA and UVB rays, but it is also a daily moisturizer. I think it is the absolute best sunscreen out there. My friend introduced me to it my senior year of high school and I've been using it ever since.Warning, this is addictive. I have been using this since I was in middle school. But brunettes be warned, this is NOT for you.. it will turn your hair orange. Sun In, with the help of the sun is a gentle hair lightener. It is so great for me because I just spray some on my roots during the summer months and I literally can go 4 months without having to spend $200 to get my hair done every six weeks like I usually do. The only thing is that just like highlighting or coloring, it can take a toll on your hair. With that said, the next time I go to the salon to get my hair highlighted apres summer, I get a gloss added to my hair to improved the texture, and make it look shinier and healthier.Chap Stick brand Moisturizer. It's the best and has spf 15 to keep your lips nice and soft! I usually buy them in packs of three and just store them all over the place: in jacket pockets, totes, and purses so I always have one handy!A wet bathing suit bag is so great to have. That way, You don't need to put your bathing suit in an ugly plastic bag or wrap it up in your towel. You can find them online in tons of adorable designs. It's basically a lined bag. Mine is so cute, it is pink seersucker and zips with a cute little green martini.I ALWAYS have a pair of sunglasses in my beach tote. I am crazy when it comes to sunglasses. I buy several designer pairs because I think some styles only go with certain outfits. The pair that I always keep in my bag are LP Jane sunglasses which are pretty versatile. Since I change sunglasses so often, I unfortunately forget sunglasses so it's great to know I always have a pair at the country club or beach.

Some more items that are necessities in my beach bag:
- Travel size soaps, shampoos, etc.-- At my country club we have a very nice ladies room with all of the amenities, but I always like to have my own, favored products on hand.
- I always carry around a casual outfit such as a sun dress or khaki shorts and a polo just in case spontaneous plans come up, or we decide to dine at the CC.
- I also always have a book, my ipod, and a magazine for entertainment.
-I have a koozie at all times as well-- my faves are Vineyard Vines, monogrammed, or a fraternity koozie
-Bathing suit cover up
-Towel

What are your beach/pool tote necessities? Do you have any favorite fun in the sun products? I'd love to know! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

8 comments:

Pink Champagne said...

Bring on summer and the sun! On my 25th birthday I became obsessed with preventing wrinkles and wearing sunscreen... (not sure why 25, but the age seemed monumental and I definitely wanted to prevent any premature aging!) My beach bag is always stuffed with a pretty towel, big sunglasses (depending on my outfit to cooridinate), sunscreen, and some chic lit. Great picks!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I'm so glad you wrote about Sun IN! I used to use this all the time when I was younger and was curious if it was still being used and as good as I remember! I am totally picking some up for this summer.

Beaufort Belle said...

I basically keep my beach bags stuffed with the same items. I have 3 beach bags depending on which swimsuit I am wearing.

2 quick questions for you...where can you purchase that specific sunscreen and where did you find your adorable lined bag for wet swimsuits?

I also adore multiple sunglasses. I obsess over good sunglasses for eye care and change sunglasses to go with what I am wearing.

EmmyLou said...

great post! i am all about sunscreen, coverups, and cute shades- this summer i'm going to buy some fun straw hats, as well! :)

Miss Southern Prep said...

I keep most of the same things in my beach bag, but I haven't found a cute swimsuit bag. Where did you find yours?

KJJ Houston said...

Ha ha ha so funny about the Sun IN - I used it once and had the most ugly shade of mousy brown/orange you had ever seen! Guess I realized pretty fast it wast for dark hair! Ooops

Summer is a Verb said...

I have that La Roche-Posay sunscreen in my to get list for this summer...XXOO

~ Kelly Ann ♥ said...

My sisters and I LOVED Sun In - hairspray. I had no idea this stuff is still around.

Have a great weekend!

Kelly

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure