Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cropped Hair

So far this summer I have seen several movies where actresses have cropped hair and to me they look absolutely stunning. I would never in a million years cut my hair anywhere near that short. In fact, I can't remember the last time my hair was even close to being above my shoulders. However, so many celebs pull off the look and make me want to get the cropped look (it still will never happen!). I love the look and can imagine how wonderful it would be to be able to dry your hair in a matter of minutes and style it in only a few more. At the same time, I feel like if my hair was cut so short I would feel sad not being able to curl it or use headbands or bows or even tie it back into a pony tail. What do you all think of the cropped hair look? Do any of you sport the short cut? Would any of you ever dare to go that short?! I would love to hear everyones opinion on this because for me, it is a no way... but when looking at pictures, it always makes me wonder!


My favorites are Amber Valletta and Natalie Portman. Which one is your favorite? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

*Don't forget, my GIVEAWAY is still going on until this Sunday, August 1st, so feel free to enter!

12 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

I love the cut on Amber V too. I'm the say way, but with the bob. I'd love to have one, but I don't think my hair would look like I wanted it to. :)

Ruth said...

I am with you I couldn't cut mine that short. And there are celebs who do rock the look.

Charlotte said...

I love Posh's!!! I could never pull that off!!! but it sure is cute!!

P*P*P said...

I would probably never be able to actually do it either, but I have ALWAYS wanted cute, cropped hair! I love Amber Valetta no matter what her hair looks like, but I do love her cut in the pic you posted!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Amber Valetta's hair looks great and I'm so jealous of women who can cut their hair short and still look fabulous. Me? I need the long hair!

Pink Champagne said...

I'm with you - I think these celebrities look ultra-chic, but I could never cut my hair! I have always had long blonde hair too, and I just can't let it go... :)

Girl with the Curlz said...

I used to have short hair and loved it for many years but have since grown mine out and I'm with you would miss wearing my headbands.

Beaufort Belle said...

I love Posh's hair, Natalie's hair, and Katie's hair. Very becoming on Katie. Actually, I am like you, I like them all.

I do wear mine short and get multiple compliments on the style. However, I would love to have long hair. I have actually thought about a wig until mine grew out because I hate the growing out part. I really do miss headbands and even the occasional ponytail. Even though my hair style can be quite elegant at times, you can do so much more with long hair and hair like yours is classic!!

Ally said...

When Katie Holmes got her chin length bob.... I was OBSESSED to say the least. My hair has always been long, but a couple months ago I just needed to do something different, just to try it. I went in with the attitude, that if I hate it, hair grows back, so it's only temporary. I got a chin length bob. I freaked out at first because it was just so short!! But I'm in love. It's super easy to dry and manage. I still get to wear cute headbands, and it's just the right length to pull it back into a little ponytail. So if you're thinking about cutting your hair... I fully support giving it a try! =)

AJLinBoston said...

I've been noticing these cute haircuts too lately! I had my hair somewhat short through high school and college (classic chin-length bob and the Meg Ryan circa You've Got Mail layered look). But now I have it long and don't know if I could cut it again!

LifeIsGood said...

S! I got a blog! I finally caved! Its lifeisgood530.blogspot.com, come stop by!
ZLAM,
D

M said...

I cut my hair that short when I was in Jr High and it was fun for about a month then I HATED not being able to curl it or do anything fun and cute. Not to mention how AWFUL it looked while growing it out. I would def never cut it that short agian!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure