Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Jewelry Storage

I travel a ton. Whether it be going back and forth from home to school or spring break, or ski trips or heading down to our lake house in Georgia, I seem to always be on the go for extended periods of time. With this said, I have jewelry separation issues... This is very weird for me too, because when wearing jewelry I stick to the basics: pearls, pearls, and more pearls.. a girl can never have too many pearls.. right?For my 15th birthday, from my grandparents, I got a stunning diamond ring... I mean jaw dropping-ly gorgeous; sadly, I don't wear it enough because it is set in gold, and I am a big silver person for everyday wear. Well, because I got the said diamond ring, my grandparents also got me a beautiful, large, velvet lined jewelry box. I love it and used it all throughout high school to store all of "good" jewelry.Going to college, it just wasn't practical or safe for me to bring my entire jewelry box. For one, it was too large and would take up too much space, and secondly, you take one look at it and know it is a jewelry box.. Needless to say I would have been devastated if someone were to have somehow stolen that jewelry box. So I needed to find a more practical way of storing my jewelry and toting it from destination to destination.
Enter the make up trunk. I got one as a gift junior year and I never really cared for the make up that came with it, but the case seemed practical so I kept it around. A light bulb came on and now my make up trunk is my jewelry box.This is the faux-croc case. Bad picture because of my BB.This is when you open it. I love that as soon as I open it, I can see all of my options and everything is very easily accessible.
These are little ring holders that I've removed from small travel cases. They fit perfectly in the top tray and give some organization for some of my rings. I also have way too many pearls. I keep my real pearls at home though so they are not in this jewelry box.
Bracelets and necklaces. I use two small tiffany boxes to hold yurman cuffs, tiffany silver, and other silver jewelry. I use all of the little dust cases to hold necklaces, and in the back, the silver case holds fun dangle earrings.
This is just an insert that came in one of my jewelry boxes. I removed it, poked holes in it with a thumb tack and added stud earrings. This makes them all laid out for me to see what I have and also lets me easily keep track of them and keep them together.For the bottom I added earrings that were just too large to fit anywhere else, underneath them are some random necklaces that I don't wear often that I put in a plastic medicine case to keep them separate so they don't tangle. Then I have some of my watches that I love the best so I always have my pick!

When I finally settle down in my own place at some point, I hope to get something like this. It's a jewelry armoire and it's actually not very pricey either! But unfortunately, that just doesn't make too much sense for me at the moment. What are your favorite ways to store your jewelry? Do you have any neat tips to store your jewelry.. I'd love to know; I'm always looking for ways to improve my storage spaces! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

19 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Wow! That holds so much! Love your collection! I love the armoire too! Thanks for sharing. :)

Sassy In The South said...

I love your jewelry collection! I am drooling! And, that is a great storage solution! I have a huge jewelry box, but it is honestly too cluttered and needs to be reorganized.

The Pink Tutu said...

That works perfectly! I am in need of a better way to store my jewelry as well. I keep my nice jewelry in my jewelry box but have a hanging jewelry organizer for my fun jewelry. The hanging organizer has rows of clear, small pouches that fit necklaces, bracelets etc. and it's easy to to see everything.

Annie said...

You have gorgeous jewelry!!

Pink Champagne said...

Love all those pearls! And what a watch collection you have, miss! Im a huge fan of the Heyworth collection at Pier 1... I have my eye on the vanity, mirror, and bench for my wardrobing room...

Gigi said...

That case is perfect for jewelry! I love how everything is visible and separated by levels. I have to say all your pearls made me laugh in a good way. I really need to reorganize my jewelry containers. I have them in like 4 different jewelry boxes. I literally have my cheap stuff in a pink bucket. This has inspired me to go through my jewelry! Yay!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I love seeing your organizer! That is a great idea and your jewelry looks so pretty in it. I've been wanting to do a post on my search for the perfect jewelry armoire because I cannot keep mine organized. I also think that's a great idea to put holes in a jewelry insert for the earrings. Perfect!

Sarah Wyland said...

You have some beautiful jewelry! I have a similar problem with traveling with my jewelry. I use a travel case, but I can't take it all with me which I hate. You came up with the perfect solution!

Holly said...

My room is done in the Hayworth collection from Pier 1. It's a really great jewelry chest. I'd recommend getting the Lingerie Chest as well. It holds scarves, wallets, and small accessories perfectly!

Ally said...

What a great way to organize!! I keep all my jewelry in tons of little boxes that I'm always having to look through to find what I want. Thanks for sharing! =)

pWa said...

What a fun post! I actually had a similar problem going back and forth to school so I kept my jewelry in a few makeshift cases and bags until I graduated. A few months later my lovely boyfriend-realizing my predicament-bought me a gorgeous silver jewelry box with my monogram. I am in love with it.

Ruth said...

Great idea! It holds a lot more than a jewelry box would.

Pink Maple said...

Funnily enough, I just took a photo of my new jewelry organizers over the weekend for a blog post later this week.

I really like you've organized everything. Taking the inserts from smaller jewelry cases is a great idea!

Beaufort Belle said...

WOW, you were not kidding when you shared with me your obsession with watches!! I LOVE THIS IDEA and I do believe I am going to use your idea for Miss Brooke as she heads of to college in the next few weeks. However, she also has a dorm safe as she will be taking her new pearls she received for graduation. You are a genius!! So cute and so organized.

I have a jewelry armoire that my parents gave me a few years ago. I do love it, but decided it that as narrow as it is, I didn't have as much storage space as I wanted and switched to the white leather, velvet lined jewelry chest and it sits on my vanity.

Ashley said...

Your rings are absolutely GORGEOUS! :)

caknitter said...

I love the your idea of a jewelry box. I'm going to borrow your idea for the stud earrings. Perfect.

Liz said...

Adorable blog! I'm a new follower! I adore your jewlery, thanks for sharing! =) XO ~Liz

Pink Martini said...

You have an absolutely beautiful collection and incredibly thoughtful, loving grandparents. Lucky you! :) xoxo

Ahly said...

who makes the earrings that you show on the bottom left of the earring holder?? The blue ones and the clear looking ones??

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure