Thursday, August 5, 2010

Classic 80s Movies

This summer I have been watching so many 80s a nd early 90s movies. I really can't get enough. A lot of them I have only seen for the first time and some are long time favorites! Here are my top picks:



  • Top Gun (1986)-- I love all of the aviators and of course Val Kilmer is so dreamy in this movie!






  • Risky Business (1983)-- I dressed up as Tom Cruise in this movie this past Halloween! Such a fun movie and again, I love the wayfarers on Tom Cruise.








  • Pretty In Pink (1986)- What a cute movie, I think Molly Ringwald was adorable in her 80s films.






  • Sixteen Candles (1984)- I think Jake in this movie is so cute!






  • Fatal Attraction (1987)- I just saw this one with bff kJa last week and we had both  never seen it before. I loved it... even though it was so creepy!







  • Home Alone (1990)- I'm sure everyone young and old, male and female can agree with me on this movie. What a fun movie to watch around Christmas time or any time for that matter. I did a post a while back on how much I love the house in it so I love watching it year round!






  • For Keeps (1988)- This was on Netflix "watch now" and I had never heard of it before so I watched it. What another adorable Molly Ringwald movie. So much better than the16 and Pregnant (guilty pleasure) shows that MTV airs.






  • When Harry Met Sally (1989)- I had never seen this one until this past summer and it is one of my new all time favorites. Meg Ryan is absolutely gorgeous in this movie.






    • Father of the Bride (1991)- I know a lot of bloggers out there love this movie just as much as I do. It is most definitely in my top 3 favorites of all time. I did a post on it last summer but I can't help but to gush about it again!
     

    What are your 80s and 90s favorites? I would love to know, I'm always looking for another great movie! Have a fabulous day!
    Yours,
    sCe

    12 comments:

    Little Miss Can't Be Wrong said...

    i've never seen fatal attraction, but love all of the other movies you've listed.
    have you seen st. elmo's fire?? it's definitely a must -- that film coined the term "brat pack." it's a great one.

    i've got a mini monogrammed giveaway going on right now - be sure to check it out!

    Dana said...

    You can't forget Vacation and Caddyshack!!! Probably two of my favorites. Love Chevy Chase.

    Buckhead Belle said...

    When Harry Met Sally is one of my hands down all time favorites!

    meg said...

    Clueless is hands down my fav 90's movie!

    Clare Lennon said...

    Top Gun for sure! I remember my dad had me watch it the night before my SATs because he didn't want me to cram and stress.

    Amy said...

    You have to see a summer place, it's a 1950s movie, it has. Sandra dee in it!!! It's also soo scandalous for it's time period, it's definitely a must see and one of my favorites!!

    littledaisymay said...

    Great picks! When Harry Met Sally was on TV yesterday :) I love Home Alone and Father of the Bride too!

    Sunny & Star said...

    I love "The Breakfast Club" and "10Things I Hate About You." I've seen them dozens of times. Oh and "Better Off Dead."

    Brunch at Saks said...

    Perfect post- love them all! I'm such an 80s/early 90s movie fanatic. My all time faves are When Harry Met Sally and Father of the Bride. Have a great weekend love xoxo

    Ruth said...

    Great pics! I love the volleyball scene in Top Gun

    Anonymous said...

    Definitely watch "the sure thing"...I'm a huge fan of 80's movies, and it's one of my favorites! The clothes are awesome.

    DB said...

    I'm a biiiiig Say Anything fan. I just love John Cusack. St. Elmo's Fire is pretty great too.

     

    © Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure