Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fall Favorites

There really isn't much that I don't love about the fall season. Here is my list of Fall Favorites (I did this post last year as well!)
  • Riding boots and duck boots
  • Hot beverages whether it be green tea, coffee, latte, apple cider, hot chocolate, etc. I love them all, especially pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks!
  • Down vests. I love pairing a down vest with a turtleneck sweater. So cozy but it looks great too!
  • The colorful trees. Lucky for me, my campus has a beautiful arboretum that is so beautiful in the fall; It's great to take a brisk jog throughout just to enjoy the trees.
  • Sunglasses. I love wearing sunglasses at this time even more than I do in summer or winter. I don't really have a reason, but I just love them a little more.
  • College Football and Steeler Sundays. Go Steelers!! Roll Tide!!
  • October is BCA for our sorority which is for breast cancer awareness. We do a ton of philanthropy and fun things to really support this great cause. My favorite is the 5k.
  • Pumpkin flavored anything! I love anything with a pumpkin scent, or pumpkin muffins, or pumpkin bread, or pumpkin spice lattes. They are all so yummy to me!
  • Homecoming, for my college and for my high school. Since my sister is still in high school, I love when she sends me pictures of her all dressed up ready to go to the homecoming dance. Or going home for a Friday night football game so I can watch my fellow cheerleaders! And of course, the best, Homecoming at my school!
  • Season premieres of shows! I love love love Grey's anatomy and Gossip girl!
  • Getting cozy under tons of warm blankets, my favorite being a down throw from the Company Store
  • Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas... These are the best holidays in my mind!
  • Late nights in the library. Ok, so maybe I don't love spending late nights in the library, but I love the sense of accomplishment I feel after working hard and getting all of my homework and studying done!
  • My Patagonia Retro X Fleece, hands down the best fleece jacket! I own mine in a deep reddish color and it matches practically everything! 
  • Driving gloves, I have cashmere lined ones from RL that I absolutely love! 
  • Tartans, tweeds, corduroy, fleece, wool, and cashmere. 
      • And last but not least, brisk mornings and evenings but with afternoons where the sun shines so warm and bright! What are your fall favorites? Have a fabulous day! 
        Yours, sCe

        12 comments:

        Sweet Caroline said...

        this makes me sooo excited for fall! unfortunately, i can't start wearing fall clothes till october. it's too warm in nc!

        Little Miss Can't Be Wrong said...

        pumpkin flavor anything... yum!!

        littledaisymay said...

        LOVE your fall list :)

        prepfection said...

        Great post on things to look forward to in Fall. I have yet to see the gossip girl premiere, I am so excited.

        MCB said...

        I love fall!!

        Buckhead Belle said...

        Ahhh love this list! Fall is my favorite!

        CT Cupcake said...

        pretty much love everything about fall! the colors of the leaves and the scent in the air.

        The Preppy Pre-Med said...

        I have a love/hate relationship with fall. If I have to be in the library late at night, fall is my favorite time to do it. I love down vests, sweaters and boots, and hot apple cider. I've also been wanting a caramel-covered apple lately, one of the intense gourmet ones that I get when I'm home over fall break.
        Thank you for reminding me that I don't absolutely hate fall! I was starting to sulk that summer weather's fading fast.

        Peachy Keen said...

        I love your fall list, you definitely got all of my favorites!

        Princess Freckles said...

        I have to agree that anything with pumpkin in it is delicious! I also love a great hot apple cider or a warm cup of hot chocolate now that Fall is here.

        I wish my little sis was still in HS! I loved seeing her pics from Homecoming and Prom!

        The Sailor in Pink said...

        what a great post! totally looking forward to fall! love this list!

        have a great day!

        Ruth said...

        I love pulling out my boots and sweaters. But my favorite part of fall is football season.

         

        © Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure