Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dress for the Holidays

With Christmas just days away, the dress to impress crunch time has begun. I have received many e-mails asking what are some fun outfits for the holidays so I've put together a few looks that I think are great holiday options!



Don't always think that you must wear heels for a dressier function. For the gold dress, these Tory Burch flats work just fine. If you aren't a heel wearing person, or know you won't be able to handle standing for hours in heels, then opt for a dress that works with flats.
For the holidays, or any occassion for that matter, you don't necessarily need to get a new dress. Of course, I always try to get a new one but if you are in a pinch, or pinching pennies, then owning a little black dress in a classic cut that is very well tailored is the way to go. There are so many different ways you can change the look of the dress. These three are tame. If you wanted to go all out, you could try different colored shoes, different colored tights, different wraps, clutches, jewelry, etc. Options are endless in the world of the LBD.When all else fails and you need to repeat a dress, change your hair. Changing your hair gives not only evening wear a different look but can give any outfit for any occasion a different look. If you always wear your hair straight, try curling it or vice versa. For a fun look, try curling your hair and pinning it back and adding an embellished hairpiece.
What are your go to holiday looks?! I must get back to studying-- it's finals weak here! Wish me luck and  have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dying for the gold long sleeve. Don't you just love the Holidays!

Muffy said...

LOVE these choices!

Chippy's Ice Cream Parlor said...

I have to tell you, I adore your blog and clothing style. I told my students about the polyvore site you use for creating wardrobes.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure