}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skincare Routine

I've gotten many e-mails and requests on Tumblr to do a post on my skincare routine. To be honest, in high school, I didn't even have a skincare routine. I woke up, wiped my face off with a warm cloth, applied my make up and went about my day. Then at night, I would just wipe all the make up off with a warm cloth and go to bed.
I was quite the lucky lady for a while, until I got to college and learned what the word "stress" meant. That's when I started my skincare regimen. I really don't have acne or problematic skin, but I will get the occasional pimple or a few blemishes. When I wake up in the morning, I still follow the wet warm cloth rule, I don't use any product on my face in the morning. I apply my make up and go about my day. However, if I'm having a bad skin day, I'll apply Clean and Clear Advantage Mark Treatment.
It's a small tube of salicylic acid gel and you can get it for around $6 at Target or Walmart. I use this as a spot treatment for any noticeable pimples. I will apply it before I go to bed or if necessary, and then I will apply it under my make up if necessary (it is clear and you can't tell it is on your face at all). This stuff works really well.
Whenever I'm in the shower, I wash my face with Clean 'n Clear Foaming Face Wash.
This is also inexpensive and works well. It's a nice, light face wash that's easy enough on your face to use daily.
Sometimes, if my face is extra oily, I apply Lancome's toner to my clean face at night or in the mornings before I apply my make up.
If I am in need of an all over treatment for pimples, I use Oxy Clean Maximum strength daily cleansing pads. There are about 100 pads in the package and it's only around $6. They're quick and easy to use, and perfect if you want to only bring one face care product when you're packing for something.

As for a facial mask, I don't do one often, but when I do, I use Jon Morgan, MD Clay Mint Mask that I wrote about in a previous post. It really does make your face feel super clean and baby soft. I wouldn't use any other mask. 
Last but most definitely not least, is a moisturizer with anti-aging qualities. I really like Lumiere eye cream. That's all for my skincare prodcuts! What are your favorites and what are your least favorites? Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

2 comments:

The Aly Way said...

I love Estee Lauder's skin serum. It makes my skin feel so smooth and decreases the appearance of pores. My Clarisonic Mia, Cera Ve cleanser and moisturizer, and Lancome eye makeup remover are also four must-haves on my bathroom counter. Fun post!

Jennifer Lynn said...

Posting mine over on the Beaufort Lookout.

Great Post!