Thursday, April 21, 2011

21st Round 2

I've already posted a bit about my 21st but it was so fun I just had to do another post!
For my actual birthday, I wore this adorable Just Madras Hilary Dress. I LOVE the fit of this dress. I usually wear a 2 or 4 in J. Crew or Lilly Pulitzer and the small fit wonderfully-- with a little extra room for comfort.
Friday night, my parents and sister, cCm, came down to visit. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant with my family and girlfriends. I ordered a burrito and it had to be the biggest and most delicious burrito ever! Then, towards the end of our meal, everyone sang happy birthday, and brought out a giant sombrero and a tequilla shot (you can't imagine my face after that one!).
 On Saturday, my parents, cCm, bEw, and I all headed to a vineyard for my first wine tasting experience! I loved trying all the different wines and broadening my wine horizons.
Unfortunately, Saturday was a rainy and chilly day, however, I just had to take a picture on the patio with my BlackBerry because the view was so incredible!
I wasn't expecting any jewelry because when I get home, I am going to the jeweler to pick out something (I'm thinking either a ring or bracelet, most likely David Yurman). However, my parents are the greatest and got me this absolutely gorgeous set--a pave diamond necklace and pave diamond ring (for some reason I couldn't get a great picture). Just a fun fact: whenever you wear a teardrop shaped ring, you are supposed to wear the point-y end towards your heart.  I am thrilled and just think both pieces are gorgeous--what a surprise! 
Every year for my birthday, my aunt takes me out for a day of lunch, and shopping. I look forward to it every year. I can't wait to do it this year when I get home from school. However, she surprised me with many of my absolute favorite DVD's. Another season of Bewitched, Eloise (an animated version), Eloise at the Plaza, and Father of the Bride Part I and Part II. Needless to say, my DVD player hasn't been turned off in days. 
On Saturday night, we went back to my favorite sushi restaurant (seriously, I'm obsessed). We ate until we felt like we were going to burst. Then, I took my parents out with me to re-live their college days. They had a blast and loved the live band! I've heard a lot about "juice box wine" and wanted to try it out because I am a sucker for unique packaging (I go nuts in the water bottle section at Sheetz because of all the cool options)-- well, you can thank me for trying it because I suggest no one ever drink that. I threw it out after the first sip.
What did you do for your 21st birthday? I'd love to know? Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

8 comments:

Renata said...

Congratualtions and Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had an amazing time - I've just discovered your blog and I thought I'd take this opportunity to say how inspiring it is - I love your 'look' - you work the pearl earings and preppy-chic look so well - kuddos to you!!! Enjoy your 20's - they are filled with wonderful experiences of self-discovery!

Miss Southern Prep said...

What a wonderful birthday! It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend full of celebrations!

P.S. I love your dress in the last picture!

Café Moka said...

Wow, the ring and the necklace are SO GORGEOUS!!! I'm impressed girl!

TG said...

you had a fabulous birthday!! Im really happy for you!

Rachel said...

Did you go to El Charro's??? I miss that place and they're jumbo margaritas! :)

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Looks like fun--I love Bewitched and the Fathers of the Bride movies. For my 21st last year, my parents came up to Cville and took my best friends and I out for a birthday dinner and then we all hit the town for a night of barhopping!

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you had fun on your birthday!!

I love the madras dress!!

Kailey said...

I love you outfits in this post. The madras dress is gorgeous

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure