Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kate Middleton Inspired Frock


I'm not a huge Royal Wedding/Kate Middleton fanatic however, I do think she has a great classic style and definitely think she is a pretty woman... I'm more of a fan of Pippa, actually! However, I have posted in the past about how I have a ring that looks exactly like Kate Middleton's engagement ring.
 Well, I was also a fan of the  blue Issa London dress that she wore when the couple made their engagement announcement.
Of course this dress was ultimately sold out and I wasn't so obsessed with it that I was going to order it. Well, when I was out shopping one day, I popped into Marshalls with kJa and we spotted a Ralph Lauren dress that looked very similar to the Issa London dress that Kate wore!
 It was only $50 and just my size so I knew I had to try it on...
The dress wasn't the exact color, and I'm sure wasn't the exact material because the Ralph Lauren dress didn't have the same sheen to it as the Issa dress. Another difference is that the dress didn't have as deep of a v-neck as the Issa dress. However, it fit like a glove and I knew I just had to have it! Speaking of Marshalls, when I was in there, they had wonderful things! Lots of Lilly pajamas and other very cute pajamas along with...
I spotted this adorable black linen shift dress with fuun ruffle detail at the bottom. The brand was Taylor, which I've been seeing a lot at Marshalls in the past year or so. Most of the Taylor dresses are usually marked at $50 which is what this dress was market. Definitely a classic dress!
Then I spotted this Theory dress for I think $80, but I can't really remember. The dress was great quality and had such a pretty eyelet design at the top.
I absolutely adored this tunic. Definitely a great coverup (I'm thinking over-top of a teeny-tiny white bikini? OK, maybe not teeny-tiny, but little white bikini, with a mid-summer's tan?). For $25, who can resist?
Needless to say, my first Marshalls trip while being home from school was great, however, I just went to a differently located Marshalls in Pittsburgh and they had absolutely nothing. I guess that's the one thing that I don't like about Marshalls--sometimes it's a goldmine and other times, I leave empty handed. Have you found any great steals at your Marshalls? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

8 comments:

Bethany said...

The tunic is gorgeous! I never seem to find anything exciting at Marshalls, but you had amazing luck. xoxo

Melissa:: Strong Sense of Style said...

I love the blue dress and the teal tunic. Great finds, cute blog!

Amanda said...

Love the dress on you! And you got some great finds!

The Aly Way said...

You are very right! I usually never find anything. Then this week I find a Marc Jacobs swim suit! It is a fun place to search, and you can't beat the deals. Cute dress... that blue is gorgeous!

Ashley Borysewich said...

I LOVE all of these pieces! so beautiful!

Also, I have a giveaway going on at my blog for a $20 gift certificate to Green Apple Paperie if you're interested. They have super cute stuff!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

I love the dress you got and too funny--my Monday post was about Marshall's--you'll have to check it out! I scored white Paige jeans for $40, a Testament tank for $40, as well as a straw clutch and cute throw on dress! And I've found at home in Richmond, the Marshall's near Short Pump carries the higher end brands and then the other one that isn't in as big of a shopping/suburban area doesn't carry as good of stuff. They definitely do product placement!

Jenna said...

I love Kate Middleton, and your ring is gorgeous!!! I love Marshalls, but you're right- stores like that can be quite a letdown sometimes. Meh! :/

Pink Julep Abroad said...

Love the blue dress!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure