Sunday, May 1, 2011

Land of the free, because of the brave


This was taken from my BlackBerry last night... In the midst of studying, I procrastinating-ly checked my Facebook and saw someone's status reference President Obama making a speech; it was about 10:20pm and I thought this was strange, so I turned on the TV and waited for an hour until he delivered the speech. The news was well worth the hour or so of a study break! History was made tonight and just like I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on September 11, 2001, I will be able to remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the announcement that Osama Bin Laden had been killed. Whether you are democrat, republican, or take no sides, this is history in the making and American patriotism at its' finest.
God Bless the USA.
Yours, 
sCe

4 comments:

Michelle said...

GOD BLESS AMERICA! I'm such a cry baby I teared up when I heard the news! Happy tears of course!

The Southern Lady said...

Good afternoon from Tokyo!

All expats are celebrating tonight. We pray the troops, their families, and those harmed by 9/11 find some peace on this historic day.

Warmly,

Elizabeth

Royar said...

God Bless America! Hope your finals are going well! XOXO

little miss southern love. said...

I did the same thing and I'm glad I waited to watch the speech. Such great news!

xoxo.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure