}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Age 21: Revisited


I've been 21 for exactly 2 months to this day. So happy 21st and 2 months birthday to me! I see it only fitting that I do a post on cocktails, beer, wine, etc. since I've had some time to test the waters...or should I say the alcohols?
To start off, I can say that I like most fruity things. Since it is summer, I really enjoy a Malibu Bay Breeze, however, it is high in calories so I don't like to order them too often. Another thing I order at the country club while lounging at the pool is a no-salt margarita on the rocks. It's refreshing and delicious!
 My favorite cocktail to order anywhere is definitely a Gin and Tonic. I've found that Tanqueray is my gin of choice, and usually a G&T is my drink of choice.
 On the other hand, I really enjoy a whiskey sour... I don't order these much, because truthfully, my parents make fun of me and call it an "old lady's drink". Anyone else out there enjoy whiskey sours?!
I don't care much for vodka at all. A lot of girls, I have noticed drink vodka and cranberry juice, but I'm not really a fan. Although, Firefly sweet tea vodka mixed into an Arnold Palmer is delicious and so perfect when you have just made a fresh batch of iced tea.
I am not a beer girl at all. I try to avoid it at all costs, but if I'm feeling a beer, it will most definitely be a Blue Moon. Truth be told, half the time I drink beer is because I just want to use my cute koozies! A great replacement that I've found is Mike's Hard Lemonade. I like the pomegranate lemonade flavor and it's great super cold right out of the cooler by a body of water!
I saved the best for last. My favorite drink in the entire world is still, and will always be champagne. It's just perfect. I like it dry and not sweet. I also enjoy prosecco and most white wines. I'm still getting used to red wine. My parents are really into wine, and they have been pushing for me to get "adult" taste buds so I can enjoy fine red wines... I'm just not there yet, but someday!
What are your favorite drinks? I'm always looking for new ones to try-- as you can see, I've been busy the past 2 months! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

15 comments:

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Blue Moon is def delish! I used to hate beer when I was 21, but now I love it. I guess what they say about aquiring the taste is very true :-)

Lily said...

Happy belated birthday :)

Bellinis are delish drink you might like, they are 2 parts sparkling wine (like champagne or Prosecco) and 1 part peach puree...perfect for summer! I will be 24 in October (yikes!) and my favorite mixed drink is a vodka or gin and tonic with a squeeze of lime. Refreshing and light. I've recently gotten into extra dirty, extra dry martinis as well but those definitely take some time to get used to.

Gracie Beth said...

I love love love whiskey sours!

.helen said...

My favorite is definatley gin tonic, though instead Tanqueray I prefer Bombay Sapphire, Hendrick´s or Bulldog. They all have a bit more mild taste. I used to hate beer but while living in Spain there was no way to avoid it and now i kind of like it. And wines...ahh. Love.

Beachside Cottage said...

Hi aCe - I just featured you (and your photo) as my new post for the Fresh Produce tunics (hope that's okay?!) You look great, so thought it was a good fit to include! I credit you for the Fresh Produce find and your blogsite...

(F.P. will be happy to know, your blogging is spreading the word about them!)

Love their tunics and your blog, too!

Happy Tuesday-
Linda

Amanda said...

I've never had a whisky sour so I really can't judge. But I am a vodka girl (on the rocks), and I do love beer too.

truetraditional said...

I also prefer my margaritas on the rocks with no salt! They are perfect for a hot summer day. But champagne is unquestionably my favorite, as well. I love a beautiful long-stemmed champagne flute and I just love those bubbles!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

I hate beer too and have only recently begun to acquire a taste for wine! I usually stick to the fruity/girlie drinks! My go-to is a Dirty Shirley Temple (Sprite, grenadine, and Vodka or Rum)!

little miss southern love. said...

Love this post! I too love fruity drinks which explains why I feel so fat and bloated after a weekend of drinking. Beer is definitely becoming more tolerable for me.. I like Bud light lime or the flavored Michelob Ultra's now. But- an Arnold Palmer with Firefly is by far my favorite drink! And if you make it at home with the light AP mix it's not too terribly bad on calories.

Kristine Elizabeth said...

I'm a huge fan of Long Island Ice Teas, but be careful they will get you quite drunk quickly.

Sarah-Catherine Poche said...

um hello whisky sour is totally delish, even if old ladies drink it. And blue moon is also a favorite. You should try Abita Strawberry. Its basically the best beer here in the south! Congrats on turning 21!

Sarah-Catherine Poche said...

Um hello whiskey sours are not for old ladies, well okay maybe they are but they are so delish. And blue moon is def a fav beer of mine as well. You should try Abita Strawberry, its made down here in the south but it is to die for!

The Aly Way said...

My parents are the same with the red wine... I don't know how I'll ever become a fan. My drink of choice is a vodka, water, and rose's lime. I am pretty health conscious and I believe this comes out to about 35 calories, and it is perfect for a day on the beach. Thanks for the educational post :)

Kelly Mejia said...

Woodchuck its a cider, very tasty but very high calories 12oz=200 calories

You can never go wrong with a margarita. Mojito's are also one of my favorites.

In Miami they make a drink called the bulldog.A margarita with 2 coronas, its fun but deadly.

garden state prep said...

When I started drinking wine, I started with white wine and worked my way over to red.