Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Luck Be a Lady


I am one lucky lady, that's for sure. I am so blessed for everything in my life. Family, friends, good health, great education, etc. But sometimes I am extra lucky! several weeks ago, I got extra lucky when my Grammie stopped by to visit and while she was visiting with us, she handed my sister and I ring boxes. We both had huge grins on our faces because there is nothing I love more than jewelry! My grandfather was a jeweler and after he passed, she found some gold and diamond settings. She had them set with a peridot (for me) and an amethyst for cCm and I. It is not only a beautiful reminder of my grandfather but it is also a beautiful reminder of my Grammie! The above picture is of my mom's hand, my hand, and then cCm's (clockwise).My mom didn't get a ring, but when we were taking the picture, she felt left out, so we made an exception and let her hand join the group.
Don't you just love receiving surprise gifts? What is your favorite gift that you have ever received? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

10 comments:

Designs by Kara Kihm said...

Jewelry is always my favorite gift! I love anything that sparkles! How cool that your grandfather was a jeweler. Love the ring! Peridot is my birthstone!

Turtles and Pearls said...

That is such a wonderful surprise! Those rings are gorgeous, and I love that it is a way to remember your Grandpa and Grammie every day.

Natalie said...

Awww that was so sweet of her!

KatiePerk said...

So sweet!

Alexis @bloomedinjune said...

all those rings are GORGEOUS! you got a great gift :)

Amanda said...

What wonderful keepsakes! I'm huge into sentimental jewelry!

Sweet Tea said...

What a sweet gift from your grandmother. I love peridot as it is my birthstone.

Maddie said...

These rings are gorgeous!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

What a special surprise!! Such a pretty way to think of your grandparents daily.

ACH said...

Beautiful rings! How special!

BTW: Wanted to let you know about today's Groupon for Tucker Blair! (link:http://gr.pn/nMLCTx) $30 for $70 worth of needlepoint!

Enjoy! :)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure