Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Must Read: Summer at Tiffany


This is a must read. I might be behind on this one, but really, run to the bookstore and get this book now! It is one of the best books I have ever read. Very light, very fun and innocent and many historical references. It's definitely a quick and happy read and worth every minute spent reading it!

"Although the country is still at war, Manhattan during the summer of 1945 is an intoxicating place, especially for two fresh-faced young coeds who step off a train from Iowa armed with little more than their youthful exuberance and the name of a very influential contact. The combination is enough to land Marjorie and her best friend, Marty, jobs as pages at the prestigious Tiffany & Co., making them the first female employees ever to work the sales floor. From this groundbreaking vantage point, the girls see and do it all, from assisting notorious gangsters and international playboys at the jewelry counters, to rubbing elbows with celebrities at the city's legendary nightclubs, to glimpsing General Eisenhower during his triumphant victory parade, to kissing soldiers in Times Square on V-J Day. Remarkably, this winsome memoir was written 60 years after that giddy summer spent pinching pennies and dreaming of diamonds, yet Hart's infectious vivacity resonates with a madcap immediacy, delectably capturing the city's heady vibrancy and a young girl's guileless enchantment." -Carol Haggas

Have you read this book? It's definitely a book for all ages. From new readers to old, every age can enjoy this! Happy reading, have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

17 comments:

Turtles and Pearls said...

I've been looking for a new read. I need to go grab this one!

Pandora`s Box said...

This sounds really interesting. Love the cover too. So glad to have found your blog.I'm a bookworm.
http://pandorasssbox.blogspot.com/

Pandora`s Box said...

This sounds really interesting. Love the cover too. So glad to have found your blog.I'm a bookworm.
http://pandorasssbox.blogspot.com/

bergdorfblonde88 said...

I read this book last summer...one of my favorites! I loved it so much that it now sits as a decorative piece on my entryway credenza. :)

Emily said...

Thanks for the advice, I may have to go pick this one up - I love finding new books to read!

Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

I'm going to pick this up at the bookstore today! It looks sooooo good!!

soanthro said...

Wow, I bought this book ages ago and totally forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me-- must pull it out and finally get to reading it!

Jess said...

I haven't read or heard this book, but it sounds wonderful! I'll have to add this to my list! :)

Rebecca said...

gonna have to check it! looks great

Cigar Heiress said...

Looks cute...have to put it on my list.

Royar said...

I read that book this past winter and I just loved it! Oh to work at Tiffanys! XO

Alexis @bloomedinjune said...

i LOVED summer at tiffany! i literally felt like i was there, the whole time i was reading it.

Jenna said...

Thanks for the recommendation! This look incredible!!! And it would make a fantastic addition to my bookshelf :) I love a book with an attractive cover!

little miss southern love. said...

Good recommendation! I have never heard of this book before. Putting it on my 'must read list'!

xoxo.

mKe said...

can't wait to read this one! Also, try Sunday's at Tiffany's. They made it into a crappy lifetime movie, but the book is so cute!

cperry1026 said...

I had never heard of this book until I bought it last summer. I really was just drawn to it for its Tiffany blue cover. I loved the book though and it was a perfect summer read. They seemed to have such a charmed summer! Great recommendation :)

Linda said...

Hi - I see this in the bio section of B&N everytime I'm there, and I've got to finally stop walking by it and get it! The Tiffany blue cover always captures my attention ;o)

Have yourself one of your usual marvelous weekends!
Best Wishes,

Linda
beachside cottage

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure