I'm not going to go over all the boring "safety" items such as a blanket, toolkit, etc. but I am going to go over every woman's car essentials! Some things I like to keep in my glove box and middle console:
- An extra pair of croakies
- Sanitizing hand wipes-- better than hand sanitizer because they can be used on surfaces as well
- pen and paper
- Wisps-- I'm telling you, they come in handy!
- A jewelry pouch-- Sometimes when if I'm driving long distances, I like to keep my jewelry off-- or if I'm going somewhere long distance and want to take off my jewelry, having a pouch to keep it all in is convenient.
- Travel sized perfume-- Because you might just stink one day...
- Travel tooth brush-- I have this thing about brushing my teeth... I keep toothbrushes everywhere.
- Make-up remover wipe-- again, they come in handy if you need to re-do your make-up
- iPod headphones... these are definitely handy to have-- sometimes I'll want to stop at the gym and not have my iPod on me. I can't work out without music, so having headphones available means I can just plug them into my phone and I'm good to go.
- Extra make-up-- Having this on hang will make you feel more confident. If you need a touch-up, you'll always have it; even if you're just going to the post office.
- Hairbrush-- because you never know when it's going to be super windy and because who likes tangled hair?
- The leopard print square in the picture is a travel nail kit. It has the usual things to keep your nails looking nice and manicured
- Usual items: tissues, change, sunglasses case, koozie, feminine hygiene, advil, bandaids, sweatshirt, rain jacket, flip-flops. The flip flops might seem silly, but seriously they come in handy. I've gone to the pool at the country club, then changed into golf clothes and right into my golf shoes, and then needed to shower and get dressed for dinner all while being at the country club-- Problem? I've forgotten shoes to go with my dresses so many times and been stuck with pool flip flops or golf shoes. Solution: keeping a spare pair of flip flops that are neutral colored have saved me so many times in the past! Plus have you ever had a day where your sandals break on you? Well now you have a back-up. Another good option are the ballet flats that fold up into a pouch-- I don't own them but have seen them before-- I just might have to invest in some.
Last but not least, I keep an L.L. Bean boat and tote in my trunk filled with extra work-out clothing, and then safety things such as tools. What do you keep in your car? Have a fabulous day!