Monday, August 15, 2011

Fall Essentials Part 1: The Murfee Scarf


For the next week or so, I thought it'd be fun to post back to school wardrobe essentials and other essentials. I'll do an item or two a day to prepare every preppy, put-together student out there! If you'd like to share an item that you think is necessary, feel free to e-mail me at SummerWind41490@gmail.com and I can add it to the list!
First on the list is the Murfee scarf.
At $118, I consider this more of an investment piece. This scarf should be worn whenever you get the chance.
Murfee

 summerwind41490

There is so much you can do with this scarf. Wear it with just about anything and it will complete your outfit. I love it with a plain oxford and black denim and black boots. The scarf finishes the entire outfit with a bright punch. Dress down a neutral cocktail dress. Don't only wear your cocktail dresses just once! For a more casual occasion, try pairing one of your already worn cocktail dresses with a murfee for a less dressy feel. For a casual, warm fall day, throw on a cable sweater, khaki shorts, boat shoes, and a murfee and you are all set! It's a classic, comfortable outfit and the murfee is the show-off piece! When it gets to be coat season, use the murfee just like you would any other winter scarf! Wear it daily to brighten up any of your winter coats and jackets!
How do you wear your murfee? Which pattern do you own? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

9 comments:

Tallahassee Belle said...

This is so helpful!! Last Christmas, Santa surprised with a beautiful turquoise Murfee. I loved wearing it in the winter time to give the world a punch of color it so desperately needs.

kCa
magnoliasandmasonjars.blogspot.com

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love my murfee scarves! I wear them all year long. Great post!

Ashley said...

LOVE the Murfee Scarf! They're so easy to wear in the fall/winter or the summer!

Legally Brunette Kate said...

I agree that a scarf is definitely a fall essential. I've never had a murfee before, but I'm thinking I need to get on that!

legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com

Peyton @ When All Else Fails Smile said...

Oohh love the scarf, very cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm dying for a Murfee... I hate to spend that much on a light-weight scarf but you're totally right, it is an investment piece! And I love all of the outfits you put it with... maybe you've just persuaded me to finally buckle down and buy one!

Unknown said...

I love murfee scarves! Great pairings, love the outfits you made!
-Alyssa

Linda at beachside cottage said...

Love your combos - this is when I wish I didn't live in South Florida - we really can't wear "fall/winter" fashions - only briefly during short cold spells in the winter (and by that I mean 50 degrees!)

Best Wishes and thanks for sharing -
Linda

Preppy Buckeye said...

Love my murfees! I wear them in the fall and winter. I love how light they are!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure