Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fall Essentials Part 8: The Party Dress and The Statement Coat


Everyone needs a dress that they wouldn't normally wear.Something out of the ordinary, out of their typical style. The dress above is my go to dress for just that. This dress is Tulle and I am in love. It is most definitely not preppy and it's a bit more revealing than I'm used to but that's what makes it fun and daring for me. This is perfect for any college gal's budget because all of Tulle's products are not too pricey at all and the quality is MUCH better than Forever21. This dress is called the Bustier Dress because the top of the dress is stitched to look like a bustier. It is currently on sale for $31.80 which is a steal. Plus, you don't want to spend a lot of money on trendier items that will go out of style in a season or two.
Here is a closer-up version of the top half of the dress so you can see the bustier detailing. The dress is fully lined and hits a little above my knee. The straps are thin and adjustable. I would say that their sizes fit on the smaller side. I ordered up and while I think I could have gone with the small, I ordered medium and it is plenty comfortable. Plus I like to size up when I am getting a more revealing piece of clothing so that it doesn't look overly revealing (tip: do this for those skimpy Halloween costumes. I order two sizes up to ensure that I don't  look like I'm wearing anything skimpy).
The back of the dress sports an exposed zipper-- another trendier aspect of this dress. This dress will be great for more casual date parties and for when I want to look out of the ordinary from what I usually wear. 
 Here is another fun party dress that I absolutely love. In fact this could double as a party dress and a day dress. Wear this dress with heels out at night and it's perfect for a party but add a turtleneck, tights, and flats and your ready for the day.
I decided to do two items in one post because I got both of these items from Tulle. I can't seem to find this exact coat on the website but it was on sale as well. Tulle is another great website to get statement coats from. I love this coat because it reminds me of something Betty Draper from Mad Men would wear or Samantha from Bewitched would wear. The coat has an intricate design on it but from far away, the design just gives the coat texture. This jacket would be perfect paired with denim, colored denim, skirts, and dresses. Dress casually but throw this coat on and your outfit is instantly kicked up a notch.
The quality of this coat is impeccable and not something that you would expect from a website with such inexpensive prices. I cannot wait to debut this jacket when the days start to get chilly. This will be perfect from late October all the way through March.
Here is another great option for a statement coat. It's a classic double breasted jacket but with a twist. The jacket is a lot more fitted than a traditional double breasted coat and the ruffles add an updated, girly touch. Not to mention the sangria color will add a punch to any outfit.

Do you have a statement jacket? Do you have a fun party dress that is a little out of your style comfort zone? Have you ever shopped Tulle before? Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

3 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

What a fun dress...I love a good deal! I am sure it will look fab on you! xx

Green Mountain Realty said...

Beautiful clothes

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I am obsessed with that tulle dress!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure