Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dress for Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it's time to prepare our stomachs for all the food we're going to eat, but also a fun outfit for the occasion. We always have Thanksgiving at my house and lots of family come to stay for the holiday. The dress is somewhat casual but I love coming up with clever ways to bring the fall and upcoming Christmas colors into my wardrobe.

I love the outfit on the very right. I have several dressy taffeta skirts and I love to dress them down by pairing the skirt with a plaid button down or oxford cloth shirts and flats. That way, you won't look too overdressed and you can get more wear out of your dressier skirts. I  have written about getting plaid shirts and oxford shirts from the boys section of Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren. It's the best way to go because they have the best selection of plaids (way better than the women's sections) and they are also less pricey.

The second outfit from the left is another fall/winter staple look that I love. Pairing a crew-neck cable-knit sweater underneath a blazer is a great way to stay warm and also look put together. My favorite cable-knits are Ralph Lauren. I have several in wool and a few in cashmere-- I find that they are the best fit and have the most diverse selection of colors.

What are you wearing for Thanksgiving? Do you get dressed up or are you dressed more casual? I will post my Thanksgiving outfit in an OOTD sometime after Thanksgiving! Remember to enter the Lemon and Line bracelet giveaway! Have a fabulous day!

Yours,
sCe

8 comments:

Dayna Leigh said...

My outfit is going to look something very similar to the first bubble vest outfit! I'm going to go completely comfy cute because anything tight just won't work for the amount of food I plan to consume haha

BAH said...

Loving that last look on the right ... taffeta is always so perfect for the holidays!

TG said...

love all the outfits you have created! really cute!

Hannah said...

I adore all of these outfits! Great inspiration.

Kelly said...

I usually dress up for thanksgiving! I haven't really decided what I'm going to wear yet, but I will probably wear something similar to the third outfit! I love blazers :D

Ashley M. said...

I love both of those outfits on the right!! My dress for Thanksgiving is somewhat casual, but needs to be well put together! I got a skirt from J Crew to wear this year!

Claire said...

I have similar skirts to the one on the far right and never thought to tone down (way down) the top! Must try!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love those! Perfect for Thanksgiving!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure