Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks


 cCm, me, and tBh
Time to Give Thanks. Here is what I am thankful for:
  • My dad who is hard at work every day to support my sister, mom, and I
  • My sister for getting into her first choice college! I am so proud of her!
  • My mom for cooking such delicious meals while I am home from college and for being a great mother!
  • Healthy friends and family
  • My cute pup and his pretty scarves for the holiday season
  • My blog readers! I love each and every one of you and am so happy and thankful for all of the connections I have made these past 2 and a half years!
  • My new bright red nail polish-- I can't get enough-- It's Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in cherry red and was only $3 at Walmart (talk about a steal)!
  • The semester almost being over. While I don't want college to end, I am ready to be done with these professors and all of the papers I have had to write. It was easily the most writing I have ever done in one semester. 
  • Hot coffee. Amen. 
  • My recently new iPhone that makes connecting easier than ever. 
  • Frank Sinatra Christmas Music 
  • My dad's warm cozy sweaters-- I stole borrowed from him. Seriously, wearing over-sized cable knits to lounge in is so wonderful.
  • Having access to clean water and delicious food. After attending the Hunger Banquet event that I recently attended and have mentioned briefly on Twitter has really changed my outlook on life. Of course, I want some of the latest and greatest, but it really makes me realize how luck I am that I have clean water and food because many do not have that luxury.
  • My education. 
  • My new car. 
  • Not having to cook a thing on Thanksgiving--Thanks, Mom! (I really don't enjoy cooking)
  • Skiing weather is almost here!
  • Christmas movies (Home Alone, The Holiday, Meet Me in St. Louis, The Family Stone, The Grinch, etc.)
  • Scented candles--so calming 
  • Looking forward to staying at a gorgeous hotel to celebrate the end of the semester in Washington, D.C. with my family and friends. 
  • Down blankets. They are the best. 
So much more, I can't even list. So what are you thankful for? What are you hopeful for in the coming year? Wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving. Remember to be thankful for even the tiniest of things this Holiday season.

Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.- Anonymous
God Bless.
Yours,
sCe

4 comments:

Tariro said...

I love your list, especially the family related ones! And red nailpolish sounds amazing, i want some for the holiday season!
xo,
http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

check out my blog! sent you some loving and an award!

Whitney of Washington said...

I LOVE Meet Me in St. Louis and so glad to hear someone else does too! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Café Moka said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure