Monday, November 21, 2011

J. McLaughlin with Jeffrey Banks


Last Thursday I attended the Preppy: Cultivating Ivy Style event at J. McLaughlin's Georgetown store.Needless to say it was fabulous. Not a detail was overlooked and there were lots of people there to mingle with! I even spotted Carly @ College Prepster and Stephanie @ Prepfection. It was so much fun getting to meet bloggers in person and chatting with them.
I got the great pleasure of meeting Jeffrey Banks. He signed my copy and chatted with me for a while while wearing some great J.  McLaughlin pieces (for men, I love their gingham shirts).
I loved the tie display. There were so many to choose from. I can't help but to be drawn to ties. The plaid ones were my favorites for this holiday season.
While there, bEw and I ran into some friends. On the left is his roommate from boarding school, W, and to the right is one of our college friends, T, who graduated last year! They had the best time sampling all of the delicious hors d'oeuvres and bEw spent a little time hinting about what he'd like for Christmas.
Speaking of hinting at Christmas. I am hoping that come Christmas morning, one of these pretties will be sitting under the tree!
Another great treat was that they had individual Georgetown Cupcakes for each guest! I had to eat mine almost as soon as I left because it was so yummy!

I also had a great chat with Mr. Steve Siegler. who is the President and CEO of J. McLaughliln. He gave me some more information behind the J. McLaughlin brand. A fun fact is that  J. McLaughlin's first store was opened in 1977 and they now have over 45 stores including ones in Palm Beach, Florida and Winnetka, Illinois.
All in all, it was a wonderful event and I hope that there are more to come in the future! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

7 comments:

Kelly (kBr) said...

Looks like such a great time! I'm sure there were multiple fabulous items to add to your Christmas wishlist :) love it!

Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun!! There are so many things from J. McLaughlin on my Christmas list!

Portuguese Prepster said...

o my goodness what a wonderful event and I LOVE your outfit btw!

Designs by Kara Kihm said...

Looks like such a fun event!!! I still can't even decide what I want for x-mas! Decisions Decisions!!!

Rachel from Love a la Mode said...

That looks like so much fun! I could definitely use a cupcake right about now too...

Sarah said...

That looks like such a fun event!! I've been dying to try some Georgetown cupcakes!

Stephanie said...

Carly and I had so much fun meeting you! I will email you my phone number, we should all do something if (read: when) you're back in the district!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure