Monday, January 23, 2012

Dresses on the Mind


With lots of events coming up this semester, I have dresses on the mind. From semi-formals to my sorority's formal to fraternity formals, my 22nd birthday (YIKES!), horse races and even graduation, I have way more than several occasions to sport a fancy frock. I have been scouring websites to find the perfect dresses. Here are some I've bookmarked so far... let me know which ones you like!
 1
Valentine's Day/Sorority Semi Formal
I love this one. The neutral fabric is great because it can be worn in fall/winter/spring. Plus the sequined cuffs add a fun touch and a wrap dress creates a flattering silhouette for any figure. I would definitely do a nude pump and a bold lip with this dress!
Senior Reception/Birthday
I love this dress. It could be dressed up or dressed down, worn with or without tights, and is seasonally versatile. Plus the inexpensive price doesn't hurt either. However, I can just picture my mother saying that it looks like a sack dress and she hates when I wear those types of dresses. The ruffles are just too hard to resist though!
Sorority/Fraternity Formal and for Prom goers
 Okay, so this dress is totally out of my price range but I just had to include it. I love the blue hue and the cut of the dress looks stunning. I love wearing floor length gowns for both my formal and bEw's formal because honestly, how many times a year do you get to wear a gown? Of course, I'm usually only one of a handful of girls that does this-- most girls wear short cocktail dresses but when most of the guys are wearing tuxes and the title of the event is called "formal" I just can't help but immediately resort to wearing a floor length dazzler.
Sorority/Fraternity Formal and for Prom goers
This J. Crew gown has a much friendlier price tag. I really like dark dresses. Last year for bEw's formal, I wore a black dress and pearls for a classic look.  
 5
Semi-formal/ Senior Reception/Birthday
I love this color. This would be so perfect for late spring with a tan! I picture it with gold earrings and a gold cuff and nude heels. Plus, you could definitely re-wear this with black tights and TB flats around Christmas time! 
 6
Anything and Everything
I am OBSESSED with the LP Sunshine dress in black garden lace. It is so flattering and the dip in the back is so fun. The silhouette creates a very classic look. Definitely needs to be worn with pearls! I mean this is about as versatile as you can get!
Graduation/Horse Races
Another Lilly favorite.
Will you be a dress wearing lady this winter/spring? Which dresses have you picked out? Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

13 comments:

The English Preppy said...

The formal dresses are beautiful but my less formal fave has to be no 1 - young but classy. I have just bought two fabulous dresses and am going to post on them today - its a happy feeling when you find exactly what you are looking for on the dress front!

Turtles and Pearls said...

After seeing some of the things from the Lilly spring line, I am obsessed with all of the stripes and seersucker! I will definitely be investing in some of those to wear to Keeneland. I'm also looking for cute dresses for graduations because my brother graduates from high school and my sister graduates from medical school this spring!

Kayla Marie said...

Oh my goodness that ASOS dress is perfect! And I don't even like orange! Wish they still had in in my size:(

Michelle P said...

I love these dresses!

Ashley said...

Im in love with all of these, especially the first one. I love how simple and feminine it is!

Ashley said...

That last Lilly dress is my FAVORITE! I have it in the pink/turquoise print and seriously wear it to work on a weekly basis! So comfortable, appropriate length, and the ties at the top are so FUN! It is literally the perfect Lilly dress!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

My two favorites are #1 and #5!

Grace said...

Loving that last Lilly dress! And the blue Theia gown is ridiculously gorgeous!

Rachel said...

#2 kind of reminds me of a clown....love the rest though!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love that top dress! you'll looks lovely in anything!

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely love all the dresses! We have our big formal coming up for my sorority and the long dresses are perfect!

Elizabeth

Jo said...

What a fun selection of dresses ~ can you share the details of #2 please? It would be perfect for an up coming event.

Jo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh I love love love that green dress!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure