Monday, January 9, 2012

Last First: Summer Wind Reflects


Today marks my last first day of undergraduate classes ever. It is definitely bittersweet, as I'm sure many of you can relate. On one hand I am so proud of everything I have accomplished in the past 3 and a half years and on the other, I am not ready for it to end. I'm not ready to leave my friends, my beautiful campus, bEw, nice and sunny Virginia, and basically my newest place that I call home. It is also scary to think that come May I could end up anywhere in this entire world. I have so many questions like will I move back home to Pittsburgh where all my family is? Will I move to D.C.? New York? Will I stay in touch with all of my friends? Will I graduate with a job in place? Who will I live with? These questions are all clouding my mind on this day and probably until May 5, 2012.

The feeling reminds me of when I was applying to colleges and I had no idea what the next couple of months of my life would bring. I remember thinking how scary it was not knowing what state I was going to end up in and all that picking a college would bring. Thankfully everything fell into place and I don't regret a single thing. Here's to hoping that my "big girl" life will go off without a hitch just like my "college life" did! To all those starting there last first day today, I wish you the best of luck and happiness in these last months of an unforgettable experience. Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

13 comments:

Jacob Phelps said...

Have a great day!!

Emily said...

Good luck!!! I've been worrying so much about where I will end up for college, as I am a senior, and this post just made me feel a little at ease. Thank you :] Good luck with all of your choices this coming year, I'm sure it will all work out!

Love and Lilly said...

The unknown is always the scariest, but I always kept in mind that everything happens for a reason. I think every college senior feels the same way you do right now, and knowing that so many other people are in the same boat is also pretty comforting! Have SO MUCH FUN this last semester! Take advantage of everything, it will fly by way too fast!

Portuguese Prepster said...

best of luck! I'm a junior and am already having these feelings so I can't even imagine what I'll feel like next year! I'm sure everything will go well for you! Best of luck!

Turtles and Pearls said...

I have a weird situation because I'm a junior, but Wednesday is my last first day! I hope you have a great start to the semester!

Danielle Marie said...

Have a good first day and best of luck!!

Melody said...

Sometimes a blogger posts exactly what you're thinking and it makes you feel so much better that you're not the only one. I'm so glad I read this. I feel the exact same way. I'm very nervous about graduating college and the future, but we have to remember everything happens for a reason.

Clare Christine said...

Best of luck on your last semester! I know, from being a college student...the unknown is a scary thing. I have a year and a half left of school, but it doesn't stop me from still wondering the same things that you are. Everything always works out, just make sure that you're happy and then things will be just as they should. So happy I found your blog :)
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

It will all work out! I may not have as many questions as you.. but mostly I just have the "job" questions! I'm sure you will be successful wherever life takes you! I can't wait to hear about all of your big girl adventures!!

Sarah said...

I love all of your Lilly! Looks like you're totally set to conquer this semester!

Grace said...

Wishing you the best! I imagine that's pretty scary.

Whitney of Washington said...

It feels like yesterday when I was sharing the same feelings you have. I tried to be completely open to whatever opportunities were in front of me when I graduated. I applied for jobs everywhere EXCEPT my hometown and I got a call for a position I couldn't resist...in my hometown. Those experiences I had living there, going to grad school, and building my resume allowed me to become the RIGHT person to move to DC when I did. I've said MANY times that I wouldn't have had the same results had I come to DC right after college. I'm not saying all this to discourage you from making a move, only because it was the perfect timing for ME, but more or less to be OPEN. I wouldn't trade the timing of my first job/promotions/grad school and finally making a move for anything. It's been a WILD adventure for me and I can't wait to see what adventure comes ahead for you in whatever city you end up in! I think you have a great attitude in seeing what opportunities are out there in a variety of cities. Go get em girl! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love all of that Lilly!!! Congrats on the last semester!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure