}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pretty Perfect Pale Pink Pants


Pale Pink Denim

Try saying that title five times fast! Happy Happy February-- Can you believe how warm it is in some parts of the country? I know here in VA, it is in the 60s! Maybe it's the warm weather but I am seriously obsessing over the colored denim trend. However, I am usually not one for out of the box shades. I like to stick with what I know: Nantucket red, hunter green, etc. One color I will go out of the box for is the pale pink shade. I think it is the absolute perfect pant for spring because it will still keep you warm (I find that jeans keep me a lot warmer than chinos) but add the pastel punch that you are craving around that time of year.

I personally love the pale pink denim paired with navy blue. There is something so classic about the combination. To change it up I also love it when paired with oxford cloth button downs (OCBD) or chambray button downs.

I think to avoid looking too trendy and also giving you the option to wear the pants for many years in a more classic way is to get the perfect fit. That is, buy them in boot cut; not too skinny or too tight and nothing with rips or cut outs.

I also think that trying to dress-up this pair of denim would sort of ruin the look. I know it seems a bit tempting to pair it with a black blazer or nude heels, but leave that to the runway/celebrities. These pale pants look best when worn casually and classically. (Plus, how cute would these be to sport on Valentine's day!).

My Picks: J. Brand, Adriano Goldschmied, Kohl's (super inexpensive, not the greatest fit), ASOS (a skinnier option), J. Crew. Do you have a pair of pale pink denim? How do you wear them? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

13 comments:

Caitlin C. said...

I loveeee the light pink! These are great looks and very inspiring! :)

eas said...

Loving those pink pants!

Portuguese Prepster said...

love these looks! I need to find a great pair of colored jeans and haven't had the time to try on any pairs!

JulesTX said...

I have ALWAYS loved pale pink !

Sundresses and Smiles said...

I love them paired with the striped top!

Emily said...

oooh la la, I love this trend! I was a little afraid to try such blog reds or bright blues, but these I could handle! :)

John said...

Great idea pairing the Norwegian sweater and duck boots with this! Reminds me of something I might have seen in the late 70s and early 80s when brightly-colored denims and corduroys proliferated.

Grace said...

These are so cute; so much more my speed than the red pants trend from last year! The middle look is adorable. :)

TrueTrad said...

The pale pink jeans look super cute with the striped boatneck and loafers! It's really beautiful with navy - and since half of the tops in my wardrobe are navy, this may need to be something I try this Spring!

Prep International said...

I love the light pink jeans with the sweaters you paired with them. I might have to get me some :)

Fash Boulevard said...

adore these pants. so fabulous. great post, love. your blog always makes me smile. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love the light pink pants!

Kate said...

I have pink pants on my spring must have list!