Friday, April 27, 2012

The Hour of Cocktails

Last year I posted about what I had been responsibly drinking after 2 months of being 21. Now, after a year of being 21, and now onto year 22, I have tried some more cocktails that are worth highlighting (especially for summer!).

I have continued to notice that many girls at college bars drink cranberry+vodka. When I say a lot, I mean about 99% of girls. I really enjoy cranberry juice, but not-so-much the vodka part, however, when lime is added, it  makes it a little more interesting. This is also known as a Cape Codder (maybe I like it just because of its' name too...).

The next drink is also made with vodka and similar to the Cape Codder. This time it is the Madras. It is made with vodka, cranberry, OJ and lime.  A tip for this is to make the ice cubes out of OJ and cranberry juice. It makes the drink colorful and fun and doesn't water down the drink.

I have to highlight the Gin and Tonic again because it is still my favorite (well behind champagne, of course). When I am out to dinner or out with friends, if I am not drinking pinot grigio/champagne, then chances are that I am drinking a G&T (Tanqueray, extra lime still wins my vote too!).

Next up is the Moscow Mule. I used to always be intrigued by this drink because it comes in a "special" cup (a copper mug to be exact). These remind me of my daddy because he usually orders these at the pool bar at the country club. A MM is made with ginger beer, lime juice and vodka. It's light and refreshing and perfect for summer.

Lastly, the Bermuda Rum Swizzle. This is the definition of the perfect summer drink. It has Gosling's Black Seal, Bacardi, lime juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, grenadine, bitters, With all of the juice, it is a bit heavy in calories but worth trying one!

Honorable Mentions:
  • Classic Margarita on the Rocks
  • Southside 
  • Malibu Bay Breeze
  • French75
  • Dark 'n Stormy 
What are your favorite summer cocktails? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe
Disclaimer: Never drink and drive, and always make smart and responsible decisions and only drink if you are of age. 

7 comments:

Maria said...

I'm a huge fan of Gin and Tonics and Mojitos. I live in Texas and the heat is usually extremely oppressive in the middle of summer. If I'm going to be drinking alcohol, I need something refreshing and light. I also really like Cherry Vodka Sours (vodka, grenadine, sweet and sour). They're sweet and tangy, and you really can't taste the vodka if they're made well.

Charlotte said...

I love a Madras!!!! They are so refreshing!

Haley said...

Oh my goodness your tastes are so aligned with mine. I think we would very much enjoy a happy hour together! Happy weekend! xx.

Emily said...

OJ and coconut rum. Long Island ice teas.

Katherine Diane said...

I love your outfit! The shirt is so cute. :)

Nicole said...

Well I MUST try the madras :) Sounds delicious! And I am loving your shirt in this pic, as usual. Do you mind sharing where you bought it? Have a fab week!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I'm a big gin and tonic fan! very light and refreshing! Other than that I'm a sucker for white wine. Love your shirt too!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure