Monday, May 14, 2012

Back in Action

Apologies for my brief, unannounced (except for on Twitter/Facebook) mini break. I was taking in all of the post-graduate festivities and moving and knew I would not be near a computer for several days. If you've gone to college, then you know exactly how much of a pain it is to sort through everything that you have collected throughout your 4 years. It took me several days... and I'm borderline OCD when it comes to cleaning and organization.
 Alright, alright, I'll stop with the graduation pictures... maybe... ;)
So let's start off with a bit of housekeeping... Remember the Graduation Guessing Game I posted about? Now you all know that I attended James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA (if anyone ever needs any information, tips, etc. about the school, please e-mail me, I'd love to share my purple and gold love!), I need to announce the winner. Over 300 people entered and a little over half were correct. Here are some other schools that got many guesses:
  • University of Virginia
  • William and Mary
  • Roanoke 
  • University of Richmond
  • Mary Washington
  • Georgetown
  • George Washington
  • Virginia Commonwealth 
All good guesses and great schools-- I have visited several of the above schools and loved spending time at them. Now for the winner of the JMU giveaway...
Maryann Hunt!!
Congrats Maryann! Please e-mail me to claim your prize (SummerWind41490@gmail.com). A big thank you to all who entered and gave your best guess. 

Next up, I absolutely have to share my Needham Lane dress that I wore for my graduation party the night before my graduation. I posted about NL several weeks ago and told you all that my dress would be a surprise, so here it is...
This is the Jude Piper Dress. I cannot tell you how much I love it and how many compliments I received. It is a perfect fit (size 4) and really elongates the body. Plus it doesn't hurt that the print is fun and vibrant! I wore it with my Dan Post cowboy boots because it was one of the last times I would be wearing my cowboy boots in the South, however, I plan on wearing this dress with espadrille wedges and platinum Jack Rogers as the summer continues. I highly recommend this dress... at $84 this is quite reasonable and very inexpensive compared to the fit and high quality.
This is another shot of the dress, but really, I was having fun in the huge bathtub in the condo that my family stayed in for graduation. There were two of these tubs! 
One of the last days that I was in Virginia, my family and I visited Cross Keys Vineyard, a local winery and had a picnic. It's only about 10 minutes away from JMU and has gorgeous scenery and great wine. I couldn't help but share the above photo because I am so in love with my Southern Beaus clutch that I posted about a few weeks ago! 

As a side note and completely random, have the iPhone users checked out the "logo quiz" game?! I became addicted and recently just beat all 8 levels in the free version... cCm and my dad have become big fans as well! It has fun logos like this...
 What have you been up to recently? I am so happy to be back in action and reading up on all that I have missed! Have a fabulous day!
Yours, 
sCe

11 comments:

sSv said...

Congratulations again!!! I'm so excited to start reading your post-grad post since I just graduated too!

Ali @ Monogrammed Scrubs said...

Your dress was perfect! And you look absolutely gorgeous, congratulations graduate! :)
xo

Caitlin C. said...

Happy graduation!!! I love all the grad pictures, and I completely understand how long it takes to move out and get everything organized. I'm still doing it!

Rebecca said...

Wow wouldnt have guessed jmu! lovin the pics! Im doing an earring giveaway on my blog right now, you should definitely enter =]

Melissa said...

Congrats on graduating! I love the dress- super cute!

Beth Dunn said...

Your dress is amazing!
xoxo
SC

Nantucket Daffodil said...

Congrats...love the dress.

Grace said...

That dress is so adorable! And the logo quiz game is super hard, but addictive!

Mrs. Huse Clifton said...

ha me and my family go to that resort every few months I just love the big tub, filling it full of bubbles and letting my 3 boys who all comfortably fit into it at the same time play. I have many bathtub pictures, that they will hate one day. Although I love the bath mirrors too they would rather practice their surfing skills at the water park. Congrats on everything! Whats next?

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Love that dress!! Glad you posted pics, because online you can't really tell the shape and fit of the dress!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that you finally shared your alma mater with us!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure