Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What I've Been Up To!

Re-watching season 5 and 6 of Gilmore Girls. I love the Rory/Logan combo... Remember when he gave her a Hermes bag?! 

I am obsessed with all things pumpkin. I love the Shock Top pumpkin wheat beer.. I am not a beer drinker at all but really enjoy this beer! I also tried out the Market District (Pittsburgh/Giant Eagle brand) harvest pumpkin pasta sauce. I have yet to try it but I am hoping it is delicious! Our Market District also had pumpkin spice gelato that was out of this world! I can't wait to return for another scoop. I've also already had several pumpkin spice lattes and some pumpkin loaf! I am planning on making the 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins once October hits! Yeah... I may have an addiction! 

It doesn't look like it in picture but I chopped off about 6 inches of hair recently and am so glad I did. My hair was getting out of control long and it was so hard to handle. The cut makes my hair look so much healthier! 

I spied this sweater at Marshall's the other day and am now regretting not purchasing it.. I am so ready to wear cozy sweaters! I pictured this sweater with a button down, riding pants and riding boots. 

I read this quote on Twitter from @CSLewisDaily and think that this is a great quote... I think it is especially uplifting for recent college grads who are still getting used to the "real world", like me! 

Trader Joe's cilantro and jalapeno hummus is seriously out of this world delicious. I love spicy things and this has the perfect kick to it! I have been eating this non-stop and think I probably go through two packages a week! 

I've been trying to create a new jewelry storage system. My trunk is far too full so I need some bigger real estate! Any jewelry storage tips would be great! 

I am loving  BeautiBecca's BeautiControl makeup collection. The eye shadows go on smoothly and are very pigmented. I wear the lightest shade daily and then blend in the darker shades for nights out. The primer is great for nights out when I need that extra coverage and stay power. I especially love the bronzing powder-- definitely perfect for this time of year to hold onto my summer tan as long as possible.

What are you loving recently? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

14 comments:

CJ Birdwell said...

My favorite jewelry storage tip is to take the little bitty plastic baggies that extra buttons come in when you buy a shirt/jacket/anything with buttons and store your necklaces/earrings/bracelets in them! They are especially handy for necklaces and bracelets that get easily tangled in your jewelry box. A big plus is that they're clear so you can easily spot what you need :)

good luck with the jewelry organization! :)

mharvey256 said...

I'm so obsessed with everything pumpkin too! I made pumpkin cream cheese this weekend and have been burning my pumpkin spice candle every night!!!
-Megan
www.arayofblog.com

Alexandra Vitulano said...

I have a wall mounted jewelry armoire that holds an insane amount of jewelry. Here is a similar one:

http://www.wayfair.com/Wildon-Home-%AE-Waverly-Wall-Mount-Jewelry-Armoire-in-Antique-White-DTO1508-UT1955.html?refid=GX10021778100-UT1955&gclid=CKLQkMyPv7ICFQKRPAodfzwAFw

how i met your father blog said...

i love love love gilmore girls! permanent fixture on my dvr!

Alexandra Vitulano said...

I have this wall mounted jewelry armoire that fits an insane amount of jewelry. I highly recommend it!

http://www.wayfair.com/Wildon-Home-%AE-Waverly-Wall-Mount-Jewelry-Armoire-in-Antique-White-DTO1508-UT1955.html?refid=GX10021778100-UT1955&gclid=CKLQkMyPv7ICFQKRPAodfzwAFw

Katie Clooney said...

I'm loving your blog! Although I am old enough to be your mother, you give me great ideas on what to buy for my girls.

Portuguese Prepster said...

jewelry storage can be so stressful! I try to keep my big necklaces hanging and everything else organized in pretty boxes within a large drawer.

Denise said...

Jewelry boxes/armoires can be pricey! How about a bangle/watch display:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=bracelet+display&_sacat=0

This way, you can display your pretty bangles and free up space for your other items.

Also, I use an ice tray for rings/earring.

Denise said...

Jewelry boxes/armoires can be pricey! How about a bangle/watch display:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=bracelet+display&_sacat=0

This way, you can display your pretty bangles and free up space for your other items.

Also, I use an ice tray for rings/earring.

Denise said...

Jewelry boxes/armoires can be pricey! How about a bangle/watch display:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=bracelet+display&_sacat=0

This way, you can display your pretty bangles and free up space for your other items.

Miss Margarita said...

love Gilmore Girls!!

Jenn B. said...

You need a Jewelry armoire! I don't know what I would do without mine! Make sure and buy one larger than you need now so that when you buy new stuff you have plenty of room!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I was SO sad when she turned him down in the finale. I wish they'd go back and put them together. Oh you should totally get that sweater!

Anonymous said...

Best jewelry storage tip video ever! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIOqrMj8-UE&list=UUrKdCadbo4eN_toHMa4-FSA&index=10&feature=plcp

I bought little bowls to keep my bangles in, but I hang necklaces and earrings on a corkboard

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure