}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Glow in the Winter

I have officially accepted that it is winter... ok, well at least it feels like it! I know when I am bundled under so many layers during this time of year, I don't exactly feel my prettiest. Especially when I am p.... I can't even say it... pale.

We all know by now that tanning beds cause skin cancer and spray tanning is a pain because you can't shower for many hours after you have it done and it is pricey. Here are some products I have been using to look like I am still rocking that summer glow... 

BeautiControl has recently introduced a line of makeup into their repertoire and it is helping me to stay bronzed. 

I put the Tri Color Bronzing powder over my GloMinerals powder. The middle stripe in the palette looks really dark, but it actually blends really nicely with the other two shades and makes for a sheer sun kissed look. Plus, I like that it doesn't have a ton of sparkle to it. In high school, I used to use Clinique bronzer but it had too much sparkle.

Then, I  prime my eyes using Secret Agent. I think it's really neat that BeautiControl offers different colored primers based on your skin. Plus, they are really inexpensive. I paid a pretty penny for primer at Sephora and the BeautiControl primer seems to work better! I also have Cargo primer that I got from Sephora but I really don't like it and feel like it increases breakouts.  

I use the shadow trio to complete the bronzed look. The left shade (gold/tan) is perfect for everyday wear. It's a little shimmery which I like and helps to make me look awake in the mornings. I even add some of the gold shade to the corners of my eyes. I use the other two darker shades when I am going out at night. The brown adds a bold look, but if you add the darkest shade you can do a great smokey eye. 

The above picture is swatches of the shadow trio. These are so nice because they go on smoothly and don't create a powdery mess. I think one of the shadow trios would make a great Christmas gift or stocking stuffer. 

While we are on the topic of makeup, I just picked up a new make up bag from Target. I went through all of college using the same make up bag. It was a Vera Bradley bag with matching brush roll. I loved it to death but I wanted to downsize and poor old Vera had seen better days. My aunt got me a monogram make up case for my birthday which was adorable, but it got super dirty really quickly. I need to take it to the dry cleaner and see if they can do something about it! So in the meantime, this Sonia Kashuk Target bag will do. It was only around $15. The selling point was that it has a built in brush holder! It is the perfect size and holds everything nicely. 

Apparently Miss Sonia's got a whole plaid line. Too cute! Another great gift idea. I even love the idea of getting one of the cases and then filling it with some BeautiControl make up goodies! See my previous BeautiControl suggestions here and here

How do you keep your summertime glow during the cold, dark winter months?! Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

**Please note that this is NOT a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. 

4 comments:

Sweet, Pink and Preppy said...

Oh my gosh that makeup bag is adorable!! I love that it has the brush holder. I use a Lilly makeup bag and I keep my brushes in a matching pencil case, but sometimes I wish I had everything in one bag.

ELISA said...

Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

kayce hughes said...

I love my still blush that I got from J Crew.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I need to try this because I'm not ready for the winter white skin to set in!