Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

I'm not a shoe girl. If you've been reading Summer Wind for a while, you already know this. For a girl who isn't a "shoe girl", I admit that I have many pairs of shoes. However, I really favor and switch between about 3 pairs. 

I don't fare well in heels. I am either really sensitive to foot pain or I have some sort of foot issue where my feet just can't handle heels. I really envy the women who can trot around in heels all over the city...especially those who are on their feet more than others. It's a shame because I have so many cute pairs of heels that I just look at. Sometimes I try to wear them, and usually, I don't even make it in the door to work before I switch into flats.  

My favorite pairs of shoes are:
1. Black Talbots flats. I have had them for a few years now and they are about to bite the dust. Unfortunately, Talbots doesn't make the shoe anymore. They are so comfortable and have a cute black bow at the toe. If you can't tell, I am a Talbots junkie. Their shoes are so darn comfortable. 
2. In the fall, I wore the Target Madge flat in orange frequently. They are SO comfortable. They are a basic ballet flat and not real suede, so they will only last you a season or two, but for $20, why not?!

3. My Ferragamo varinas are a recent acquisition (mine are Lava). I have loved them for as long as I can remember, but the price tag was just not justifiable for a college student that ruined shoes every other day. Now, I have made a pair mine and I wear them everywhere. They are literally the absolute perfect flat and very comfortable. I like to refer to them as my "big girl shoes".

4. Other than the top three I have mentioned, I switch between my LL Bean riding boots, my cowboy boots,  black Jack Rogers flats and black Tory Burch revas. 

I actually don't need a new pair of shoes at all, however, I am in the market for a pair of the perfect gold or nude flats... something neutral that would go with anything...especially Lilly shifts (any suggestion PLEASE let me know!!!). I have been browsing a while now and just happened to stumble onto Sperry's website. I really never visit their website, because I just know them as a boat shoe supplier. However, they have some pretty darn cute flats! 


I am obsessed! You can scroll through to see my favorites but the first pair remind me SO much of the Ferragamo pair that I posted about back in July! They are all reasonably priced and have the good quality that you can expect from Sperry. I am impressed. 

Have you shopped Sperry's other lines of footwear? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your ferragamos!!! Also check out Banana Republic Ashley ballet flats- memory footbed and super comfortable. I find myself reaching for these more than my revas, etc. they come in tons of colors. One other super, super comfortable flat is by AGL( sold at nordstrom). They are pricey but worth it!! Good luck! Love your blog!

Tory Banknell said...

I feel the same way about a lot of pairs of heels. I have extremely sensitive feet as well. I'm loving the Tory Burch Chelsea ballet flat in Camellia pink. I think they would go with everything and are nice and subtle. You may want to check them out!

John said...

One of my non-preppy friends is a confirmed shoe nut, and once confessed to having some 50 pairs, admitting it was rather extreme. It didn't seem that extreme to me until I thought about it: how can you have no Sperrys, Tretorns, Bluchers, Bean Boots, riding boots, or loafers, and still have 50 pairs of shoes? :)

Lisa said...

Sperry is great because all of their shoes are comfortable once they're broken in. They're definitely designed for practicality and comfort first, and just happen to have some really nice styles out. I love their loafers!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I'm so glad to hear that another girl has the same problems with heels! I just can't wear them, either! I always envy gorgeous heels that other women seem to wear so easily!

As for your Talbots flats, you should take them to a cobbler and see if he can add another bottom to the flats, if that's what's wearing out!

Shug in Boots {Beth} said...

Amen, friend! I think heels are super hot and all, but I have often wondered if something is physically wrong with my feet because I simply cannot handle the pain for more than like an hour. Bring on the boots and flats!

Ashley said...

I absolutely love J. Crew's ballet flats and have them in a ton of colors. I don't see any on their website currently that are like the ones I have but I'm sure they'll get some soon! They're made in Italy and so so comfortable!

Portuguese Prepster said...

can I get the pup with the sperrys! Love the Varina's I requested them as a Christmas or grad gift since I agree, I would ruin them walking around school!

Anonymous said...

J. Crew's CeCe Leather Ballet Flats are the best. Comfortable, great quality, flattering (I didn't think a flat could be flattering, but the 'tawny sand' is the perfect nude and somehome seems to give the appearance of an elongated and narrowed leg).

http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/shoes/ballets/PRDOVR~64408/64408.jsp

Annica Benning said...

J Crew CeCe flats! You will not regret it.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure