Friday, March 15, 2013

Lent Update

First and foremost, I want to thank each and everyone of you who commented on yesterdays post. I know in "today's world", most of us don't always have time to comment, but it was refreshing to hear many opinions and different voices. However, frivolous the subject, I think it was interesting to have varying ages and people from different parts of the country share their thoughts. Isn't that one of the best things about blogging?! I think so. 

It looks like my norts and frocket ensembles are here to stay... I always knew I was meant to be southern, anyways...just born on the wrong latitude ;). 


So now onto today's topic of discussion... Once again I am teaming up with Southern ShopaholicTickled PinkGlitter and Gingham for our weekly lent update. I ended up not posting last week due to my crazy schedule! Remember we all gave up shopping for lent ? See past posts here, here, and here.

Well, I have been doing....uhhh... decent...I will explain. Although I will say that I cannot wait to get a gel-mani. I hate waiting for my nails to dry. And don't even get me started about when my nails chip... it drives me nuts!!!! So that is something I am really missing right about now! 

Let me explain the whole "decent" thing. Here's the thing, I have several packages on their way to me. However I have justified all of them.

 I used a J. Crew rewards card for only one thing at J. Crew which is a pretty big deal because usually my J. Crew packages are very large. My total paired with the rewards card ended up meaning that I barely spent anything.

I also placed an order at Sephora. I realize that I am a Sephora junkie. At least I acknowledge it, right? This "awaken your complexion" kit is an amazing price. For $32 you get all of these great Tarte products. Tarte is one of my new favorite brands because it is non-comedogenic and natural. The only reason I purchased this is because I just ran out of the sample that Sephora gave me and needed some, plus I had a gift certificate and free shipping coupon so therefore, I spent very little...meaning it doesn't count, right?!

I also ordered some books. Three to be exact, but books are good for the brain, so therefore, it doesn't count. Anddd... I may have had a stint with La Perla. But you can't go without a bra, now can you?!

See, I have this way of justifying pretty much anything. Really, I should have written up a contract for myself when this whole lent thing started. Oops. Time to pull myself together and finish strong. Only 16 more days left.

Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

6 comments:

Eloquently Emily said...

I am so glad I saw this! I am obsessed with Tarte and use their foundation and mascara. I will most definitely be heading to Sephora today to check this out! Have a great weekend!

SHF said...

I think your "no shopping" is going well! It can definitely be tough to resist the urge to shop sometimes. I have the exact problem with J. Crew - I can't go into the store and NOT buy something new!

SHF
thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

RoyallyPink said...

I gave up shopping for lent also! It's been so difficult, especially when I'm stressed out and my credit card is burning a hole in my wallet and begging to be used haha

Those purchases are COMPLETELY justified! Good for you :)

Good luck with the next two weeks!

-Briana
RoyallyPink.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I love how you were able to justify everything! Good luck with the next two weeks =)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Books definitely don't count!!! And neither does La Perla...haha!

Rachel said...

I've been debating getting that tarte oil - can you do a blog post reviewing it?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure