}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Thursday, July 25, 2013

#LongHairDontCare

Let's talk about hair. I really enjoy when Summer Wind readers leave their input and I am desperately in need of some hair input. Currently, my hair is long... I'm pretty sure it's the longest it has ever been. Quite honestly, I'm all about the #longhairdontcare saying.  I've never had short hair expect for a small lapse of judgement in 5th grade. Luckily, hair grows back and mine grows lightning fast.
 
I have a little secret to share. I am afraid of getting my haircut. So badly that I avoid the salon like the plague. When my stylist whips out the scissors to cut, I cringe. She always does a fabulous job-- she knows my hair and knows what I like. And she should, considering I have been going to her for fifteen-ish years. 
via
via
via
It's pictures like the above that make me never want to cut my hair! So, what do I do about my hair? Do I cut it or just keep letting it grow? If I choose not to cut it, I'd go in for a very minor trim, but if I cut it, how much do I chop off?
 
Sometimes, when my hair gets super long (not to mention it is insanely thick and I have a lot of hair), I feel like it is out of control and makes me look less polished. On the other hand, sometimes I want to just let it grow and grow to see how long it would get. Does anyone else feel like that?

My big (sister in my sorority) and one of my very best friends, told me this in regards to my hair, "Anyone that tries to tell you to cut your hair is out to get you." It made me laugh, but my hair is something I love about myself... there are plenty of other things I don't quite love about me, but my hair, I love. I've also found it's what I am most complemented on. Even here on Summer Wind, I am constantly asked how I do my hair. So do I cut something that I love?

Isn't it funny how I had a very similar post almost exactly one year ago? Things really do go in cycles! 
What to do?  Weigh in with a comment! Also, the It's a 10 Miracle product is working wonders. I can't go without it now...highly recommend it! Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

21 comments:

Nantucket Daffodil....a name not a place said...

You ALWAYS look polished silly! I LOVE the long hair....so I would say just a trim!

Angela Duke said...

I say just get a few inches taken off! It won't be super noticeable, but will give you some freshness like you're thinking about! Either way, it will always grow back/you can always cut more off!

Angela Duke said...

I say just get a few inches taken off! It won't be super noticeable, but will give you some freshness like you're thinking about! Either way, it will always grow back/you can always cut more off!

Angela Duke said...

I say just get a few inches taken off! It won't be super noticeable, but will give you some freshness like you're thinking about! Either way, it will always grow back/you can always cut more off!

Keelin S. said...

I'm so jealous of your hair! I've been trying to grow mine out forever. Since I keep cutting mine short then trying to grow it back out I am definitely NOT an advocate of cutting it short, but a trim can help it stay neat and lighter. I too have really think hair, so I totally know how unmanageable it can get right before a trim. My suggestion is to cut off a few inches (i.e. 2-2.5). With your length, it won't be all that noticeable, and if your hair grows lightening fast it will all come back in no time!

~Keelin

Carolina Belle said...

Hey girl! Your hair is gorgeous! I would say keep the length but maybe go with layers (last set of pictures) to give it some texture. You can still have long hair and have it "styled." Inthink your hair would look awesome if you have it like the last set of pictures.

linda said...

I would agree with your sorority big sister- your hair is spectacular. Aside from a trim here and there- keep it long- you wear it ( and style it) so well.
-Linda,ny

In the Pink said...

Don't cut it! You'll have plenty of time to have shorter hair later on in life. I am in the same boat - my hair is the longest it's ever been and I keep thinking about cutting it but I know I'll regret it!

Casey said...

If you like it long, keep it long. But there is no harm in keeping the ends trimmed so it always looks neat and healthy.

Kayla Scanlan said...

I'm having a serious issue with this as well. I've had the longest blonde hair just like yours for the past 2 or 3 years (I used to have super dark hair ) and I've been loving it but now I've just been letting it grow and it's been out of control. I've been seeing people with the lob style like olivia pallermo or that girl that's in KJP and SV'a pics but I just can't commit to letting it go! I've had some bad hair cuts and I don't want to cut it all until I feel like I'm ready. I feel your pain, but if you're really liking it don't second guess!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I wrote a blog post on hair yesterday!! I was feeling the same way as you, mine was super long, and I was attached but I did trim off about 3 inches! And I had it thinned out a bit in the back. I'm really happy with it and it's so much faster to style now! your hair is beautiful!

Hunter said...

I Think you should keep your hair long and just go in for a trim! I have the same problem; my hair is so thick and long, and sometimes I think I should just cut it off! However, I always think of how much I love my hair long!

Hunter
preponabudge.blogspot.com

Christine said...

I'm exactly the same way! I just can't get myself to part with my long hair. I normally just get my routined trim but never an actual cut. Some may say, I love my hair a little too much!

Xoxo,

Christine
girls-pearls.blogspot.com

Miss Southern Prep said...

Oh my gosh, I have a minor panic attack when I get my hair cut, even if it's just a trim! And I totally trust my stylist, but it just gives me such anxiety! I say just get an inch or so off!

Stephanie Rose said...

I feel like I have this same internal battle with myself every 6 months. Right now I am in my super long hair phase as well and I really think that if you feel most confident and ready to take on the world with your long hair, then there is no reason to go and cut it all off! But sometimes you do need a little change to freshen up your look, so what I usually do is find something to change without going crazy. Add some layers, try a style with bangs, ask your stylist to thin it out a little...the possibilities are endless! Good luck :)

JDV said...

Your hair is gorgeous! Don't even consider a significant cut! You can always switch things up by wearing your hair up or pulling it back.

Anonymous said...

Please do not cut your hair it is stunning! Like someone else said you have the rest of your life to have shoulder length hair...enjoy it and flaunt it while you can!

This American Wife said...

Those layers are fabulous in the last set of photos. Keep it long and experiment with up dos for some variety.

Linda (from Germany) said...

PLEASE do not cut your wonderful hair!

A very tiny trim is okay from time to time (my last trim was in july 2012...) but please don't cut a few inches.

In my opinion, there is nothing more classy and feminine as long, healthy hair.

Emily said...

I know the feeling about feeling un-polished. My hair is sooo thick and naturally curly (I straighten every day) and half of the time it just ends up back in a pony tail because it starts to get wavy during the day. I need to cut it....but I'm also afraid of getting my haircut! I love how yours has been looking lately though, so I think you could go either way!

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Carolina Belle said...

My hair was super long up until this past Thursday. My hair was midway my lower back but it was damaged - think heat styling, chlorine, sun, etc. When I went to the stylist I just wanted my hair to look healthy so she encouraged me to cut off several inches. Now it is just below my shoulder blade and styles so easy! I have more options now. I do miss my hair and if it had been long and healthy I probably wouldn't have had it cut. Don't avoid the stylist like I did and get those split ends trimmed!