Friday, March 27, 2015

Visiting DC

I popped down to DC for the weekend for one of my sorority sister's bridal showers. I am so excited for her wedding in May! Alyssa and James are the cutest couple and so perfect for eachother! 

When I got down there on Friday night, I met up with my 'big' sister in my sorority. She is such a good friend and I am so thankful to have her in my life! We always have a blast when we are together! We went bowling at Pinstripes in Georgetown. It's essentially a bar and bowling alley all in one. I'm the worst bowler ever, but it was still tons of fun! 

Then Saturday was the shower! Alyssa's shower was lovely and it was so great to see some sorority sisters I hadn't seen in a while and I love watching the bride open gifts. 




Then, later that day, we hopped over the Alexandria, VA to explore Old Town for some shopping and a late dinner. If you've never been to Alexandria, you must put it on your list because it is the cutest. I don't visit that area enough when I am in town! We checked out Red Rocks for dinner which was a delicious, casual Neapolitan pizza restaurant. Then the next morning, I had to head out early but had a delicious breakfast at Earl's with my old roomie/sorority sister, Lisa. YUM! Needless to say it was a weekend packed with lots of cocktails and food. My kind of weekend, that's for sure! Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

6 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love Alexandria! So many great shops.

Lauren said...

I looks like you had such a great trip!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Just Jess said...

What a perfect weekend! I feel the same way about my Big. We don't see each other often but it is always a blast when we get together.

Rachel said...

Where can I find the navy blue pumps that you packed? I love them!

Rachel,

navyandwhiteprep.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Fun! Totally added Alexandria to my list.

Sarah
Sweet Spontaneity

Erin said...

SO fun! I love catching up with girlfriends!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure