Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wanderlust

I've written about this before, but I've once again developed a severe bout of wanderlust. I've gone crazy pinning far off places onto my Wanderlust board. So many places in this world to see and so few vacation days! 

Let's day dream for a moment... fill in the blank in the comments:
If I could travel anywhere, the first place I would go would be to ____________


I'm so interested to hear where your top places to see are... or let me know what far off places you've traveled and why you recommend them! Here are my favorites below:

I would start off Geneva, Switzerland. Then I would travel the hour drive to Chamonix, France (Mont Blanc!) to ski. Fun fact about Mont Blanc... it was host to the first winter olympics in 1924! 

Since this is a winter/ski trip, I would then road trip from Chamonix to Milan (only 3 hours!) and then take another 3 hour trip up to St. Moritz, Switzerland. I'm not dying to get to Milan, but it's kind of on the way, so why not!

If we are talking non-ski vacation, I would like to vacation to:

Then I'd like to travel throughout England... especially the countryside and hit Paris to explore and dine at Ralph's

So stunning... and then I'd like to hop on a plane and head over to Saint Tropez and road trip through the Cote d'Azur (aka French Riviera)... hit spots like Cannes, Antibes, Nice, etc. 

And I'd definitely pit stop in Monaco to stay a night at the Hotel de Paris 

Then I'd end in Italy in Sanremo or other sections of Liguria (aka Italian Riviera). I mean can you even believe these views! 

Where would you go? Have a fabulous day!

Yours, 

8 comments:

prudence yeo said...

Lovely images and they definitely excites me about travelling! Thanks for sharing!

Prudence
www.prudencepetitestyle.com

cfrancis126 said...

Oh gosh...I would go everywhere if I could, but I'm dying to go to Santorini in Greece ever since I saw the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! It looks absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Austria is really great, especially Vienna. My friend from the Usa loves Austria, she was so fascineted by our tradition and said she really want to come again. London is also very nice, but travel around in England is much more better, Cornwall is so wonderful. Italy ist nice to visit, i liked Rome. Some cities near the sea are really overcrowed in the summer, but my parents really love the Almalfi Küste. And Switzerland I visit St. Moritz for 1 day and it was enough, I think there are nicer cities for skiing, if you want for exemple "the high society" maybe Kitzbühel or other cities in Tyrol in Austria would be great! Greatings, Emelie

Sarah said...

Oh dear, I have a pretty constant case of wanderlust, but mine has been acting up recently too. I've been searching flights and getting real dollar values in my mind because I am way better at saving when I have a specific goal in mind.

Rome is always at the top of my list, but because I have already been there a few times I would actually have to say Ireland and England. I would start with Ireland, going everywhere I could in about 2 weeks and then I would head over to England to visit my family in and around Blackpool before heading south to Horsham to stay with more family and use that as home base to venture back and forth to London a few times.

Sarah
Sweet Spontaneity

Kayla Michelle Scanlan said...

If I could go anywhere, I would definitely go to Israel if it wasn't so unsafe right now :/. Otherwise, I would love to have a Mediterranean vacation, spending time in Italy, Greece, and Turkey!

Lauren said...

I want to take a trip so badly! All of these places look beautiful!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Portuguese Prepster said...

I've been having a major case of wanderlust. I seriously cannot wait for my honeymoon!

Ashley Wissel said...

Right now, I'd love to head somewhere sunny and warm. Maybe Maldives. During the summer, a trip to the Amalfi Coast would definitely top my list! If only plane tickets and accommodations didn't cost an arm and a leg...

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure