Thursday, May 7, 2015

Netflix Recommendations

I just got a new TV, thanks to a great suggestion from one of my coworkers! It is a smart TV, so it's sooo nice being able to use apps right on my TV. Netflix is actually a button on the remote, which is the most convenient! Since it is so convenient, I've been binging on everything on Netflix. I put things on while I work, or while I'm getting ready. I thought I would sharing what I've been loving (see my last post here), in hopes you'll leave some recommendation for me! Here's what I've watched... 

The Wonder Years 
I wrote an entire post devoted to this series. Definitely worth the watch.

An Affair to Remember
I had never seen this movie starring Cary Grant before and I'm in love. It's one of the best classic movies I've seen. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone. Not to mention, I didn't realize it until this film how much George Clooney and Cary Grant look alike!  
Blackfish
So many people had recommended this to me and I put it off for forever, because I didn't really know what it was about. It was so eye opening and I recommend it to anyone and everyone. It's not something I would usually watch. I have always been terrified of orcas. Free Willy used to give me nightmares as a child, so to see this was really shocking. With that said, I'd love to observe orcas in the wild (in their natural habitat) off the coast of Washington. I think it'd be such an incredible experience.

The Carrie Diaries
Austin Butler. Need I say more? This was on my last list, but they just recently released season 2. Besides Austin Butler's dreamy looks, this is an adorable chick flick series. I flew through both seasons in mere weeks. 

Bridget Jone's Diary
Slightly odd, dated and definitely a typical rom-com, I still found myself loving this movie. It's also set in London which makes it more interesting. 

Four Weddings and a Funeral
I loved this one!! Another Hugh Grant recommendation, this was an adorable story, not to mention I think Andie Macdowell is stunning. 

The Boy In the Striped Pajamas
This is a serious movie and very sad, so I warn you. It's set in Nazi Germany during WWII, and a boy befriends another boy through a 'fence'. I won't say any more in fear of ruining the story, but it's definitely worth the watch. I really want to read the book. 

Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorfs
Obsessed. So many big names in fashion in one film, it's amazing. PS. speaking of Bergdorf's, my favorite, Donald Robertston, aka @Drawbertson is doing the windows for Bergdorf's! I'm so excited to see the finished product! 

Sabrina
Both the classic and the 1995 version. I love the story line and both of the movies are good in their own way. I definitely recommend watching the Audrey Hepburn version first. It's a classic love story with a twist! 

Not worth your time:
William and Kate, Remember Me, And So It Goes

Honorable Mentions:
Friends, Gilmore Girls 

What do you recommend? 



Nine times out of ten, I am in my PJ's or loungewear. I've been creating quite the collection of cute outfits to relax in and above is what I've been loving lately. 
Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

7 comments:

Hunter said...

Love Blackfish! Seth and I just watched that the other night and it was great :)

another mom said...

I'm not sure if it is on Netflix, but you need to see "If A Man Answers" with Sandra Dee. You would love it!

Marisa @ Enigmarisa said...

I loved the Wonder Years as a kid! I also liked The September Issue, Orange is the New Black, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and countless others! I kind of hate how they take things off of netflix! I think the Audrey version of Sabrina was taken off in May!

Kensington Wieland said...

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt! It's produced by Tina Fey. Kind of stupid, but good for background noise and has its funny moments. Set in NYC as a bonus!

Sarah Wissinger said...

I've wanted to see Scatter My Ashes for the longest time but didn't know it was on Netflix! I went to high school with the cinematographer and another high school friend is in the film! I'm definitely going to watch it soon. I'm working my way through Parks & Recreation currently and it's completely hilarious.

Sarah
thesurznickcommonroom.com

Hanging with the Hirsts said...

Oh my goodness, I watched the Boy in the Striped PJ's the night before I left for college and let me tell you I was BALLING!!! Bad idea lol great movie but it was really sad

Katie M said...

Oh my, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is so sad! I watched it during middle school in History class and it is safe to say that I bawled my eyes out!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure