Thursday, May 28, 2015

Picnic in South Park

island company gentlemen's shirt with L.L. Bean boat and tote


Island Company Linen Gentleman Shirt c/o// White Chino Shorts 
Sunglasses// XL Monogram Tote 
Jack Rogers Sandals// Margaret Elizabeth Cuffs 

In Pittsburgh, there are two large park areas: North Park and South Park. As their name's suggest, one is north of the city and one is south. There are tons of spacious grassy areas, park benches, bike and walking trails, jungle gyms for children, ice cream trucks, clubhouses for parties and even some ponds/small lakes. 

They are gorgeous areas and very well kept. In the summer they're popular for everyone in the city to get out and enjoy the outdoors. My sister, Callie, and I love to have picnics at South Park. We take Mac, and bring all sorts of delicious snacks like fruit, cheese, meats, french baguettes, olives, etc. It's fun to lounge and chat and Mac enjoys it, too! 

We snapped some photos while we were there one day enjoying a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. I use this XL L.L. Bean tote to carry everything from a blanket to our food! It holds so much. It was super hot that afternoon (hence me wearing my hair atop my head) so a linen shirt from Island Company and chino shorts were comfortable and kept me cool! If you are in Pittsburgh have you visited either North or South Park? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

11 comments:

Erin said...

You are gorgeous! That top looks great on you!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Sasha said...

I totally love your hair in a top knot!! Since we're in Shadyside we must be close to North Park? I need to check it out!

Scarlett said...

I love your hair and outfit! Going on picnics is such a fun thing to do during summer!
xo, Scarlett
The Trendy Chick

Pleather and Sparkle said...

This is such a great casual look! And I love your hair up like that!

xoxo, colleen
Pleather & Sparkles

Katie said...

Do you have the 55 or 58 size ray bans?! Thanks!

Gretchen | Gretchruns said...

I love running at North Park, but my favorite place to picnic is actually at Schenley Park (which is right in the city!) I live nearby so I love to walk down for a picnic when it's nice out. great pictures!

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed with that shirt! You look gorgeous! I love picnic season! Hope you had a lovely afternoon!

Cynthia
www.darlingdownsouth.com

Lauren said...

That outfit is so perfect and I love your top knot!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Unknown said...

I love Island Co! I have a few gentlemen shirts I use as cover ups, I love the way you styled this. Definitely have to try wearing my shirts this way.

Unknown said...

Such a great summer look, and I love your top knot!
This Side of Paradise

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love this look!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure