Friday, November 13, 2015

My Travel Outfit: Barrington Gifts Belmont Cabin Bag







Sunglasses// Signet Ring (similar) 

I just recently flew to New York for a long weekend (see instagram here). I wear a similar variation of the outfit above on most flights. The key to flying in comfort is layering. I always wear a t-shirt, then a sweater and a scarf of some kind. Usually I go with a huge cashmere travel wrap, but it was unseasonably warm so all I really needed was my cashmere Burberry scarf

I packed in this gorgeous plaid weekender from Barrington Gifts. I absolutely love this plaid-- so perfect for the holiday season. Not to mention, I felt so stylish carrying it around the airport. It's the perfect size for carrying on an airplane as it fits comfortable in the overhead bins. The two short handles make it easy to pick up and the longer strap makes walking through the airport a breeze. I also love that it comes with a luggage tag and is monogrammed for even more personalization. Inside, it is quite roomy and has a zippered pocket. The leather detailing makes it luxe. This would make such a nice gift for someone that travels often. Besides the plaid, you can design your own or go with so many of their other prints options! In the photo above you can see its size compared to my large piece of luggage (please excuse my late-night, no makeup, post-flight self, ha!). 

The sweater I am wearing was one I have wanted for a long time. I couldn't decide between the beautiful grey shade you see above or the camel. So, I got the grey in a size medium. As you can see, it fits me generously, almost oversized like a sweatshirt. I wanted it to fit like that because I wanted to wear it in more casual settings with things like leggings and jeans. It's just long enough to wear it with leggings, which is great, in my opinion! For the camel, I purchased a size small which is more fitted so I can wear it over button downs/under vests/coats, etc. in a more stylish way. 

I usually wear a pixie pant when I travel but I just got these jeans and they are the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn... they're actually more comfortable than the pixie pants! Plus, the super dark wash gives them a little bit of a dressier touch. What do you wear when you travel? Have a fabulous day! 

Thank you to Barrington Gifts for sponsoring this post!

1 comment:

Belle On Trend said...

You are adorable! Even post flight, late night! LOL! That Burberry scarf is just beautiful. I hope you had a fabulous trip. I LOVE the Barrington bag!

xxoo
Mary
www.BelleOnTrend.com
@BelleOnTrend

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure