}
Home     About     Contact     shop     Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017     shop my outfits     disclosure                             

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Casual Jeans with Statement Feather Vest

club monaco violet feather vest

vintage gucci web pattern bag





Vest // Tee (similar)// Denim (on sale)
Pumps (similar)// Gucci Bag (similar

I have to say, that this is one of my favorite looks I have shared lately. It's definitely a little out of the box when it comes to my traditional style because of the feathered vest. I saw it in stores a few months ago and fell in love. I ordered it thinking I wouldn't be sure how to style it and I wouldn't get that much wear out of it... but I was so wrong. 

I got this in late November and have worn this probably 10 times already. I usually dress it up, but I really like how it dresses down as in the photos above. It's definitely a statement. Every time I wear it, someone always compliments me. The grey color is very light so it matches a lot, too... and it provides a lot more warmth than you would think! 

I actually wear a cotton tee shirt and jeans a lot. It's nothing special, but it's easy, comfortable and can look put together depending on the way you style it. I think the feather vest totally makes the outfit in this situation, don't you? 

I've also been using my vintage Gucci bag a lot more lately ever since they re-released the web pattern. It just goes to show that if you buy classic, it may go 'out' for a period of time, but always comes back in! 

Have you worn anything outside of your style comfort zone lately? Sometimes it's worth a try!

8 comments:

Dana said...

Love this look, girl! Those jeans fit you like a glove!

Pink Champagne Problems

Poshnessary com said...

Love your jeans

Kisses from www.poshnessary.com

Makeshift Munch said...

loving this look -- casual but chic!

Emily Tingle said...

I love that vest! I've been wanting to get one, but like you, I've been nervous it's totally out of my style zone. But I love the way you styled it I'll have to make that purchase!
XX Emily // Post Grad and Gingham

Daily Golf Clothing said...

The whole look is perfect, I really like the vest.

Karen Kurtz said...

Is your Tank watch vintage?

Summer Wind said...

Hi Karen, no, it is about a month old!

Kathryn Byers said...

Oh I love this vest! It can be so fun to switch up your usual statement pieces.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com