Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Casual Jeans with Statement Feather Vest

club monaco violet feather vest

vintage gucci web pattern bag





Vest // Tee (similar)// Denim (on sale)
Pumps (similar)// Gucci Bag (similar

I have to say, that this is one of my favorite looks I have shared lately. It's definitely a little out of the box when it comes to my traditional style because of the feathered vest. I saw it in stores a few months ago and fell in love. I ordered it thinking I wouldn't be sure how to style it and I wouldn't get that much wear out of it... but I was so wrong. 

I got this in late November and have worn this probably 10 times already. I usually dress it up, but I really like how it dresses down as in the photos above. It's definitely a statement. Every time I wear it, someone always compliments me. The grey color is very light so it matches a lot, too... and it provides a lot more warmth than you would think! 

I actually wear a cotton tee shirt and jeans a lot. It's nothing special, but it's easy, comfortable and can look put together depending on the way you style it. I think the feather vest totally makes the outfit in this situation, don't you? 

I've also been using my vintage Gucci bag a lot more lately ever since they re-released the web pattern. It just goes to show that if you buy classic, it may go 'out' for a period of time, but always comes back in! 

Have you worn anything outside of your style comfort zone lately? Sometimes it's worth a try!

7 comments:

Dana said...

Love this look, girl! Those jeans fit you like a glove!

Pink Champagne Problems

Law & Luxury said...

loving this look -- casual but chic!

Unknown said...

I love that vest! I've been wanting to get one, but like you, I've been nervous it's totally out of my style zone. But I love the way you styled it I'll have to make that purchase!
XX Emily // Post Grad and Gingham

Daily Golf Clothing said...

The whole look is perfect, I really like the vest.

Karen said...

Is your Tank watch vintage?

Summer Wind said...

Hi Karen, no, it is about a month old!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this vest! It can be so fun to switch up your usual statement pieces.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure