Thursday, March 17, 2016

Lately 3/17/2016






Wearing: I've worn this $48 little white dress non-stop! It's so easy and breezy. I bought it to wear as a swimsuit coverup, but have worn it several times while traveling!

Listening: My March playlist is live and still going-- I haven't added much since I've been traveling, but I'll be adding more soon! Do you have any songs you recommend?

Watching: This Australian ad campaign is really well done and sends a great message to families everywhere. I'm a true believer in family dinners, in fact, I wrote an entire post about it two years ago so it is great to see a campaign that promotes the same!


Wanting: I haven't been shopping too much since I've been traveling but have you all seen the Lilly Pulitzer new arrivals?! I went to the Lilly Pulitzer cocktail hour yesterday at the Grand Bohemian Hotel and it was so much fun. So great to see all of the ladies in their Lilly!

Pittsburgh-ing: My friend Amanda and I went to Harris Grill the other night for dinner. It's on Ellsworth in Shadyside. I had never been for dinner but it did not disappoint. They had a build-your-own-bowl section of the menu and that is what Amanda and I both chose. I got quinoa, pulled pork carnitas style, and topped it off with pico de gallo and sour cream. It was so delicious! Amanda filled hers with tater tots, grilled veggies (and something else that I can't remember!). I'll definitely be back because it was great!

Eating: Skippy creamy peanut butter with honey. This stuff is dangerously good. I eat it by the spoonfuls and can't stop.... yeah, that good. I probably won't buy another jar just so it doesn't tempt me!! But if you are a peanut butter lover, you have got to try it-- it's the best peanut butter I've ever had.


Loving: Skyn Iceland Products. I had heard such good things about the Skyn Iceland brand and was so excited to try these products out. To say the Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels have been a lifesaver would be an understatement. I have been traveling recently and whenever I travel, my skin gets so dehydrated. I put the eye gels on my eyes in the morning in the hotels I was in while sipping my coffee and doing my hair and when I removed them, I looked bright eyed and my makeup was so easy to apply! I can't wait to continue to try out the rest of the products-- I'll keep you all updated!


Drinking: I had brunch at Cannon Green in Charleston  and got the Sunday Struggle per our waitress's recommendation and it was SO good. It had aquavit, drambui, ginger beer, lemon, and ginger ... it was light and refreshing and so perfect for Sunday brunch!

Quoting: “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've loved seeing all the posts from your vacation! The views are gorgeous!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Farrah said...

Did you go to the Lilly fashion show?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure