Thursday, March 24, 2016

Lately 3/24/16


Wearing: Many of you have been asking where the opened toed booties are from in this post (photo above). I got them last year (first styled here) and you can still find them available here here and here. I really love them. I was hesitant to buy them in the first place because they are a trendy piece, but the low cost and the amount of times I have worn them have made me very pleased! I get a ton of compliments when wearing them, too, and they are super comfortable. 


Watching: I tweeted a link out to this short film a while ago but wanted to include it here since it just showed at the Banff Film Festival. It is hands down one of the best things I've ever watched and well worth your 8 minutes. Just a warning, though, you will cry. We're talking ugly cry, especially if you are a dog lover!

Wanting: I haven't seen too much that has caught my eye this week, although this little black dress is definitely a showstopper and is now gracing the top of my wishlist and this lace white dress that is under $150 is also on my wishlist!

Listening: March's playlist is lagging, however, I just went to the Vance Joy concert last night (video still live on Snapchat: SummerWind41490) and it was SO good. I found a Vance Joy song I hadn't loved before called Red Eye and am now obsessed! You definitely need to listen! I also loved that he covered Paul Simon's You Can Call Me Al! If you're a Vance Joy fan and have a chance to go to his concert, you must!

Sale-ing: Neiman Marcus's Clearance section is killer. The prices are so low, so shop now!

Loving: This blush pink clutch. Kate Spade had a clutch several seasons ago that was almost identical... but at under $30, I think it's about time I made it mine!

Loving Part II: These images of magnified sand-- I mean how cool is that?!

Reading: Have you seen these Snapchat billboards in your city, yet? SO clever on Snapchat's part!

Pittsburgh-ing: I went to two new restaurants, Tako and Bakersfield recently. Both served similar higher end style tacos/guac/etc. I loved both, but Tako is now by far one of my favorite restaurants in the entire city. I'll be doing a full restaurant review post soon!



Quoting: 'Guard your time fiercely. Be generous with it, but be intentional about it.'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome updates! Those booties are well worth the attention they've been getting - very cute. And I love that tote you're carrying in the first photo too. Is it weird I've never listened to Vance Joy before? Will have to check out his work!

Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Unknown said...

I wish you sent more snaps of the Vance Joy concert! I. WAS. LOVING. IT. Felt like I was there. Also, I remember when you got those open toed booties and you were saying how they might be too edgy for you {haaaa} -- they've become my absolute fave on you!

Miss & love ya
Grace
A Southern Drawl

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure