}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Lately 3/31/16


Wishing: The fashion world is crazed with Rebecca de Ravenel's Les Bonbons earrings. I have to say I am obsessed and want a pair. At $275 a pair (that's the least pricey, others are upwards of $500+), I am going to wait until someone makes something similar-- because we all know that's coming! They're handmade in India with silk thread, so the real selling point is that they look like they weigh a ton, but are actually feather-light (watch out Oscar De La Renta Tassel Earrings!!)! Besides her earrings, Rebecca de Ravenel's instagram feed is swoon worthy as is her West Village apartment! I think the gold pair would instantly 'up' any outfit-- but I especially love the elegance and interest they add to a simple LBD!


Drinking: Vitamin Water Zero Shine strawberry lemonade. This is not a good substitute if you are craving actual water because it literally takes just like strawberry lemonade but is made up of 99.5% water and has zero calories. It's a delicious warm-weather sweet treat!

Reading: For those of you wondering about the Instagram algorithm update, I really encourage you to do your research (this article is quick and easy and discusses it from a marketing standpoint)! It's interesting to me to see so many users jump to being worried/upset when proper research has not been done. I know many of you that read here are not in the social media industry nor are you a blogger, so I'll put it as quick and simple as possible!

A business's goal is to make money (duh, we all know that), and just like with Facebook (and any business), Instagram has revenue and growth goals. Because Facebook owns Instagram, they are switching to an algorithm-style feed (rather than reverse chronological order) because it will help Instagram to generate more income (in the social world, we call this 'pay-to-play' aka how Facebook is currently set up). Think about how much Facebook has changed since you first signed up and created your account! Once you understand the bottom line, I think it's easier to see where Instagram is headed as a whole. This isn't happening overnight! It is a rollout just like any other tweaks/changes Facebook/Instagram has made in the past. 

A lot of Instagram users are directing their 'fans' to turn on push notifications, very similar to what you are able to do on Facebook. However, that means you literally get pinged every time someone in your push notification list publishes. If you're like me and already in notification overload, I'd sit tight on your push notifications. Just my two cents, though! I'm not necessarily thrilled about the change-- but who knows, it could be great. We will all just have to hold tight and see! 

I encourage anyone who is interested in social media, digital marketing, and tech innovations to keep up with the industry publications. Since it's my job, I check these publications at least once a weekday. If you are going to be graduating and going into any of these fields, it's in your best interest to keep up with the ever-changing landscape as you are more than likely to be asked about it in job interviews! My favorite reads are:
Watching: I read this article on AdWeek and immediately checked out Samantha Jayne's videos and Instagram. Not only are they brilliant from a marketing standpoint, but so well done and all too relatable (especially this one)! Each video is about a minute each, so definitely check them out! 


Loving: Trufora's Triple Action Exfoliator. Seriously, this stuff is the best. I am majorly hesitant to try new skin care products since my skin is so sensitive, but the entire line of Trufora products are dermatologist tested, fragrance free, and non-comedogenic (major selling point right there). The exfoliator is super fine so it doesn't majorly irritate my skin like other exfoliators. I also love that you can put this on your skin as a mask for up to 15 minutes and then rinse it off. It makes my skin feel great and look great. I could not recommend this product more. I use it twice a week just like the instructions suggest.

Sale-ing: Ralph Lauren is having a private flash sale which you can access, here. A lot of really great markdowns-- like cashmere for $99! Well worth the browse!


'

Wearing: Now that spring is in full force here in Pittsburgh (finally!!) I have completely ditched my tights and have been breaking out more dresses and skirts. This LBD has been amazing. It's so comfortable and easy to throw on in the mornings and the leather detail kicks it up a notch and makes it a little 'trendier' than your average LBD! Also, my trench is currently on sale. It's a spring staple, without a doubt!


Eating: They just started stocking Baskin Robins ice cream at my local supermarket and I. Am. Obsessed. Seriously, this is now dangerous. There are two flavors I am in love with: Mom's Makin' Cookies and Chocolate Fudge. This is by far my favorite ice cream brand. I even like it better than Talenti, which was my go-to before they started stocking Baskin Robins. YUM.

Wanting: I had some downtime to browse this week and I found a bunch of really cute things. Namely, these adorable black bow flats with an understated gold heel. I am obsessed. I can't get enough of this pink crepe gown, too. If you are in need of a fancy wedding/prom dress, this one is swoon-worthy! I'd also love an oculus rift which came out this week-- ohhh one can dream, right?

Quoting: 'You never look good trying to make someone else look bad.'

5 comments:

Jordan A said...

Love the quote of the week! And I'll definitely have to try out that exfoliator.

Jordan @ NorthShoreProper.com

Heather A. said...

I'm wanting everything on your "wanting" list!! That pink gown is so gorgeous- I'm considering it for my cousins wedding in May! Also, that champagne bottle stopper is a must! Lastly- I love that quote, thanks for sharing! :)

xo Heather
Sweet Tea Jubilee

Kelli said...

You've got to try La Croix water. LaCroix is everything-free: sugar, sodium, calorie and preservative free. I'm obsessed and not the only one. Check out the article in NY Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/08/magazine/letter-of-recommendation-lacroix-sparkling-water.html?_r=0

So good! So cool.

another mom said...

I love the Luna Les Bonbons. I was all set to preorder when I saw that they were clip-ons. I wonder why they are not pierced. I am not a clip-on fan so I am going to pass but gosh, they are beautiful!

Kathryn Byers said...

Oh my gosh that Baskin Robbins ice cream looks delicious!!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com