Friday, July 1, 2016

Little Gingham Sundress

kate spade new york gingham fit & flare dress

luana italy bag and kate spade gingham dress

Kate Spade Gingham Dress with Luana Italy handbag and Chanel ballet flats


cariter tank watch and luana italy bag

voluminous curly blond hair inspo

gingham fit and flare dress
Gingham Dress// Chanel Flats (similar, similar)

Last week I went to a really fun event hosted by Yelp at the Soldiers and Sailors Museum. The event was a 1940's theme, which was so well done. The concept behind the event was to highlight food and drink in Pittsburgh. So there were a ton of restaurants and bars that had tables and you could taste all different types of food!

My favorite table was the Bakn table. They are located on Carnegie and at their table, they served homemade biscuits with bacon jam. It sounds a little weird, but it was incredible! They also had the cutest mini bloody mary's!

The Soldiers and Sailors building is located in Oakland on the University of Pittsburgh's campus. It's an architecturally stunning building and the largest memorial in the US that honors all branches of the military. Built in 1908, it's also a historic landmark. The building was used in the filming of Silence of the Lambs. The main 'ballroom' on the top floor is where Hannibal Lecter was locked up in the large cage and then where he escaped. It was really cool but also semi-creepy being in that same room! I really love that movie because it's so well done, but don't watch it much because it majorly creeps me out. It's one of those movies that you have to watch something else that's cute or funny afterward to feel settled and back to normal again.

Then, this week, I chatted with Rachel of Yelp at another event and she said she is thinking about having another event around Halloween. I can't wait because it was just such a fun and well-executed event! If you're in Pittsburgh, I definitely recommend attending!

I wore this really comfortable gingham sundress. It was hot and super humid that evening, so I ditched my heels and threw on my Chanel flats. The dress was lightweight and overall a really easy to wear piece. The size guide online says if between sizes, to size up, but I disagree. I am wearing a size 2 and the fit was roomy and plenty big... had I sized up, it would have been much too large.

I'm also excited to throw on a white button down shirt and tie it at the waist so it looks like a shirt/skirt outfit. And then as the fall approaches, I am going to toss on a black cable sweater overtop!

Shop more gingham favorites:

3 comments:

Maria Abad said...

This is such a cute outfit on you Sydney, I love gingham, I just a did a post on an off the shoulder gingham dress and I had so much fun shooting it. the 1940s theme sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great holiday weekend!
XO,
Maria
MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

Ashley said...

This outfit is swoon worthy! I love the gingham dress and the Chanel flats are just adorable. Loving gingham for summer!

Ashley
MyWellDressedLife.com

Chic in Carolina said...

This dress looks so cute on you, Sydney! I love the gingham print!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure