Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Desk-to-Drinks Outfit








Lace Dress// Lace-up flats  (under $100!)
I think finding work appropriate clothing is pretty much like finding a needle in a haystack. There are very few pieces that I come across and fall in love with. However, I had no idea that ModCloth has an entire section devoted to work-wear. And it is awesome. I've always known and loved that they carry such unique dresses, and earlier this year, I learned that they have some really great loungewear pieces, too! 

My number one rule when choosing something that's top purpose is for work is that it can be transitioned for another event. For example, I love this gray lace dress for work. It's conservative, neutral, and the length is just right. I paired it with these lace-up flats  (under $70!) because when you are walking in a city, flats are a necessity. 

However, I can also wear this lace dress to a multitude of other occasions and events. It would pair well with heels and a statement necklace for a cocktail party and I can definitely wear the shoes with jeans on the weekends! I even love that this works well during the day in an office but you can swap out shoes/bag/accessories and head straight to a dinner date or happy hour! I am always on-the-go, so whenever I can switch up my 'base' pieces just by switching out accessories, I'm sold!

Shop some of my other favorite wear-to-work pieces in the widget above. Most of them are very affordable and are all fully in stock in most sizes! Thank you to ModCloth for sponsoring this post. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So obsessed with this dress! It's just darling.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Lauren said...

I am so smitten with that dress!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Chic in Carolina said...

This dress looks so pretty on you, Sydney! Love it!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

Katrin said...

Would you wear this dress during the wintermonths with tights too?

xoxo from Germany
Katrin

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure