}
Home     About     Contact     shop     featured     disclosure     shop my outfits                             

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

All Black Outfit ft. the Most Comfortable Pants Ever

all black outfit ideas

all black outfits for going out

chanel bag and cap toe slingback shoes

all black going out outfit ideas

all black outfit with chanel bag

articles of society distressed black pants

Cap Toe Slingback Shoes: Here// Here// Here// Here
Sunglasses// Chanel Bag (similar, similar

This is the simplest of outfits, but I wanted to share it here because I'm often asked about what to wear out to bars. As I get older, I go to 'actual bars' (you know the crowded kind with loud music and no food?) less and less, which I am totally fine with. I'm so glad to finally be at an age where most of my friends enjoy grabbing drinks and a nice dinner at the latest new restaurant rather than staying out until 2am, taking shots, and partying. Every once in a while, I'm totally down to do so, but dinner and cocktails with a good group of friends or wine/cheese game-night (heads up and cards against humanity are my faves!!) are much more my pace and what I truly enjoy. 

Just this past weekend, I had one of those '2am bar weekends', and whenever they come up, I always wear a version of the outfit you see above. If you've been on Summer Wind for even 2 seconds, then you know that I (for the most part) dress pretty conservatively. I've always felt a little out of place in a bar setting because typically, girls are not as conservatively dressed as I am. The best lesson that I've learned throughout the years about this is that #1 it's ok to be different and #2 caring about what others think is a waste of time (because it's most important that you do whatever makes you most comfortable). 

So basically, for me, I am almost always in all black during the months of October-March. It's simple, easy, chic, and can look dressier than it actually is (which I like, just in case the plans change midway through the evening!). April-September, I like to switch to white and/or navy blue! 

What I really wanted to highlight in this outfit are the pants. They're a little out of my comfort zone with so much distressing going on but I absolutely love them. I've been wearing them non-stop since I got them not only because they give my outfit a little edge that it sometimes need, but also because they are truly the most comfortable pants I have ever worn in my entire life. They feel like a cross between leggings and pajamas because they are tight and stretchy like leggings but insanely soft like pajamas (but still have a denim texture/look!). Not to mention, they're very affordable (under $60) and hold up really nicely after washing! They run true to size. I'm wearing my usual size 27. 

I love this (new-to-me) brand so much that I've just placed an order for a few more pairs of pants to see how they compare! I'll be back with a full report-- fingers crossed I love them just as much because the price tag is just perfect! 

2 comments:

Dana said...

Loving this chic all black look! I totally agree with you on dressing differently than girls at most bars. Sometimes I feel so out of place!

Pink Champagne Problems

Holly Hoehner said...

I'm 22 and have never felt comfortably dressed in a bar setting. But, I saw your Instagram of this look a few weeks ago, so I did my own version for a friend's birthday. It was perfect! Do you have a post dedicated to your Chanel bag?